Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Think i mite be looking for new job!

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Think i mite be looking for new job!

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 10:47 am

Well i been on a job last 6months its been great commuting in on my old cb to work...but since ive been there, theres been this guy  since the start trying to bully and intimadate me as he bigger man in size... he got right in my face a few times this morning....so i finally lost it and hit him a few times definately cut his lip and maybe a black eye... he had it coming... but as its work place...i say i be fired...hopefully keep me on til xmas.... bad times ahead...Sad
Vardypeeps
Two Tone
Two Tone

Re: Think i mite be looking for new job!

Post by Vardypeeps on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:23 pm

Discuss it with your manager and if he doesn't care take it higher up and actually make a complaint about the guy.
Stuff like this shouldn't happen in any work environment warehouse/office or other!

Write out the instances where this guy is causing you issues. You have rights you know!

No one should be get bullied and forced to feel like they have to retaliate.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:16 pm

Does everyone else think he is an arse too? If you are luck they might agree he had it coming and you'll just get a slap on the wrist. All you can do is clearly state your side of the argument (mention the 6 months of shit and how restrained you had been not to hit him earlier) and hope for the best.

Anyway, however it goes, best of luck.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm

I support you implicitly because you seem like a reasonable, good natured person - so forgive this question, but might there not be two sides to this story? Or is this person genuinely a sociopathic bastard well deserving of the punishment you meted it to him? I suspect probably the latter - but otoh actual bona fide sociopaths are quite rare. At any rate I suspect he must have had a motive for picking on you, even if it was make-believe and ultimately a load of bullshit.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 5:13 pm

Sadly, I think you'll be very lucky if they don't dismiss you.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 5:51 pm

Yes sullivj i think your right i know in few days, trevor i am lot younger guy than bully...he didnt like me from day one....i have a lot of responablity and i have a higher position than this man(not that it should make any difference)... he jealous for some reason...i dont know why as were on same salary...... i think i am fairly normal person....i get well with all other work collegues... i just dont know...what i could have did to cause this man to act this way... he came at me twice this morning  calling me a fuck up and coward....forcing me into a corner in a room...thats when i hit him...but an other work colleges saw him coming at me twice...before hand..
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 6:16 pm

If you report the incident it may well come back to bite you but... it's much better that you report it than him and explain the situation before it becomes you on the receiving end. Write out everything in a word document or similar and recall all the events that have happened, make sure to log everything that you can and date order it if possible. 

Also explain this to a manager who you get along with well or has noticed you're a good worker. This can only help your case as they know what you're usually like and that what you've done is out of the ordinary.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 6:49 pm

everybody has a right to work in a friendly environment you do not go to work to feel intimidated by anyone get together with other work mates and discuss what has gone on and see if any of the others have had problems with the guy , either way take it to the management and explain what's happpened
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 6:55 pm

reporting it is could be a good idea. he will have nothing on you if you do and it shows that you recognise this is a situation that needs resolved. not bringing it up may look like you are hiding it under the carpet which could be used against you. either way you probably don't really want to work with the guy anyway. best of luck
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 9:28 pm

Thanks for advice lads... i let you know what happens..
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 5:41 am

@wornsprokets wrote:Yes sullivj i think your right i know in few days, trevor i am lot younger guy than bully...he didnt like me from day one....i have a lot of responablity and i have a higher position than this man(not that it should make any difference)... he jealous for some reason...i dont know why as were on same salary...... i think i am fairly normal person....i get well with all other work collegues... i just dont know...what i could have did to cause this man to act this way... he came at me twice this morning  calling me a fuck up and coward....forcing me into a corner in a room...thats when i hit him...but an other work colleges saw him coming at me twice...before hand..

He sounds like a psycho and deserving of a fist in the face - if only on the grounds of self-defence. That should be your motive - fear of being attacked by someone displaying repeatedly threatening behaviour. Taking you at your word, you may not have done the best thing - but you did the right thing. It sounds to me like this guy should have had a clip round the earhole a while ago.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:28 am

Thanks trevor ...ive decide to leave the job in new year ive had enough....
i was in job 7yrs.... my dad worked  for same company for nearly 50yrs luckly he retired last year...so it doesnt affect him... but he be angry when i tell him today
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 2:22 pm

Take some time to mull it over. No need to press the nuclear button right now.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm

@trevor machine wrote:Take some time to mull it over. No need to press the nuclear button right now.

What trevor said is good advice. Either way - best of luck in sorting things out.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 1:55 pm

Thanks so much to every one for all the advice... i went in to a meeting yesterday evening with the boss and managers  ...i had to give a statement and so did other guy. I told them if i could be keep my job till xmas be great..as i had long service with them ... they said they dont want me to leave...as four other witnesses said that guy was bullying me and he came at me three times...(stil no excuse for hitting him) they want me to stay...i see in new year (i know i  very lucky if witness didnt say anything i be jobless now)  i have a think over xmas.... if i stay or go
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 6:24 pm

Sounds like a good outcome from a bad situation. 

Let the situation subside a bit. Get Christmas out of the way and then, if things are still awkward and you want to leave, start looking for another job. Don't hand your notice in until you've got a new job to go to. 

Oh, and well done for holding your cool for as long as you did, and for giving the sod a belting.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 6:54 pm

right think long and hard about your job they are not easy to come by these days and plus the fact that you finally turned on him which he probably thought you wernt going to do and he will now think twice before he does it again on you or anyone else
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 7:03 pm

Yes i think best to get over christmas first santa and then see what happens then ...
Crash- Elmit
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by Crash- Elmit on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 3:42 am

Don't let some guy with a foreskin in place of a forehead (think about it Laughing ) put you out of a job, especially if it's a job you love doing.

I had the same problem years ago with someone that was meant to be teaching me a trade, instead he expected me to run errands for him, like going to get him bacon rolls from a café for his breakfast  when he finally strolled into work. finally had enough of him and told him where to go. When he threatened me with violence because I refused him I went to the bosses and complained about him.  He started to rant and rave about if they sacked him the firm would go under as no one could run the machines except him, and they backed him, so I just walked out. If they were too weak to stand up to him I had no chance. I can't stand bullies, and though I hate violence I would have eventually snapped and hit him, probably with something heavy
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 9:45 am

Yes i know exactly what you mean crash elmit..  i had same when i was an a apprentice back in 95  by couple guys..i was told i was slow..no good.. and useless every day .. and when on fridays we be nearly finishing work i get phone calls to go to other jobs..  with these guys(as even then i had a motorbike so they knew i could get to other jobs)i was treated like a dog. ..(why should i bark when i have a dog one use to say) i served my 4yrs and then left it was a tough time...i swore that never happen again...  i think now when this guy did simular crap i am now 40....i swore i wouldn be victim again..maybe be he caused flash backs from past....i dont know....
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 6:36 pm

I hear what you are saying.I used to work for a bloke who treated me like dirt despite being in my mid 40s at the time.Eventually I had had enough and found another job.I said nothing at work,went home one day,wrote a letter saying I wouldnt be back and put it through the door on the way to my new job the next morning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:42 pm