You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Spares that are no longer required

ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Spares that are no longer required

Post by ANDYC on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:36 am

Good day to all,

As I ceased courier work a while ago I have a fair amount of parts that I have kept on a 'just in case' thought, as downtime cost a lot.
Now they are no longer required I can put them up for sale and clear some much needed space in my garage, so I can fit a milling machine in there. Hopefully to expand my engineering services.
I will eventually be breaking my work bike, once it has finished it's duty as a 'test mule'.
I'll be sorting and listing stuff over the next few days on this thread, but if anybody is in need of anything just ask.
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Re: Spares that are no longer required

Post by Tricky. on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 6:05 pm

disc rear wheel?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm

Alas I have been running wider wheels for so long now that I can't actually remember what a standard wheel looks like now.
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:03 pm

Have you got any decent stanchions by any chance?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm

Again I have been running 41mm forks for many years.
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 9:39 pm

k, no worries fella. :-)
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

I'm interested in a 525 chain if you've got one, exhaust system, standard cb front caliper and front m/c rear caliper. Trying to think what else I'd need for the track bike.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:I'm interested in a 525 chain if you've got one, exhaust system, standard cb front caliper and front m/c rear caliper. Trying to think what else I'd need for the track bike.

I know I have a decent 525 chain, I only took it off because I went to a 520 set-up.
I'll check on the other stuff James. Sorry to hear about your spill, at least you're still able to tell the tale.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sat 26 Nov 2016, 1:52 pm

@ANDYC wrote:

@Jameshambleton wrote:I'm interested in a 525 chain if you've got one, exhaust system, standard cb front caliper and front m/c rear caliper. Trying to think what else I'd need for the track bike.

I know I have a decent 525 chain, I only took it off because I went to a 520 set-up.
I'll check on the other stuff James. Sorry to hear about your spill, at least you're still able to tell the tale.

I have a Nissin front master cylinder and a Nissin front caliper. I also have a Brembo front caliper. The Brembo one is in a much better condition.
For some reason all the rear calipers I have are Nissin and not from a CB500. scratch
I do have rear master cylinders though should you require one.
Can't help with an exhaust until I finish building my track one.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 26 Nov 2016, 2:52 pm

@ANDYC wrote:
@ANDYC wrote:
I have a Nissin front master cylinder and a Nissin front caliper. I also have a Brembo front caliper. The Brembo one is in a much better condition.
For some reason all the rear calipers I have are Nissin and not from a CB500. scratch
I do have rear master cylinders though should you require one.
Can't help with an exhaust until I finish building my track one.

I'll have the nissin caliper and m/c. 
That's no problem just keep the parts listed under my name somewhere, as I'll be needing a few other bits as if my cb5's frame doesn't sell then I'm going to be rebuilding into a road legal track bike so might as well just keep them all for now and then post em all in one go
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:35 pm

I've finally got around to looking around my garage to see what I have surplus to requirement now.

CB 500 s

Clocks showing 61500                                                            £45
Lower Yoke                                                                            £25
Headlamp ( the usual marking of the lens in the centre)            £40

CB500 R

Top yoke                                                                               £15

All models

Tailpiece in good condition, Yellow                                           £30
Left footrest hanger                                                                £30
Right footrest hanger (disc model)                                           £50
Rear grab rail                                                                         £20
Left grab rail                                                                          £15
Right grab rail                                                                        £15
Chainguard                                                                            £10
Left sidepanel                                                                         £25
Tail light                                                                                £20
Sidestand and switch                                                              £20
Left hand switchgear                                                               £20
Rear master cylinder                                                               £20
Standard air filter (hardly used)                                               £10
Rear mudguard                                                                       £20
Radiator guard                                                                       £5
Standard exhaust silencer                                                       £40
Lockset  ignition/seat/fuel cap                                                 £35
Alternator                                                                              £25
CDI unit                                                                                 £30
Sump                                                                                    £25
Clutch cover                                                                           £40
Gearbox                                                                                 £25
Thermostat housing with hoses                                                £20
Sprocket carrier with studs removed and has new titanium
bolts instead.                                                                          £50
.5 oversize pistons and rings, very little use                               £80
Speedometer drive                                                                  £15

I have boxes of electrical gear, indicators, coils, switches, relays and sensors. Also many hoses. If you need any of these things just ask.
All prices are plus postage, collection from the Windsor area is welcome.

Last edited by ANDYC on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 9:07 pm

I'll have the complete ignition/seat/fuel cap lock set. One or two keys?
P&p to Denmark?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sat 10 Dec 2016, 9:19 pm

I'll  check tomorrow and let you know.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 3:29 pm

@stormbringer wrote:I'll have the complete ignition/seat/fuel cap lock set. One or two keys?
P&p to Denmark?

Just the one key unfortunately, is yours the 3 or 5 pin connector? as I have both you have a choice.
The postage to Denmark is £13 tracked and signed for.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Thu 15 Dec 2016, 2:54 pm

Anyone for anything else before I post them up on Fleabay?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 6:15 pm

I now have a set of SES rearsets up for sale from my track bike project.
They have only been fitted to my track bike to check for positioning as shown in the photo and are in an as new condition.
£135 posted to UK mainland.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 6:25 pm

Might be worth posting them on the thundersport 500 group
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 7:15 pm

I will James,
Thought I'd let you guys on here have a chance first.
Nickn1234

Post by Nickn1234 on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:26 pm

Fan and radiator pal?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:38 pm

Radiator has already gone.
Nickn1234

Post by Nickn1234 on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:31 pm

Cheers
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 12:48 pm

Some better photos of the rearsets.

ratatooie
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ratatooie on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:34 am

Hi Andy,

Do the rearsets allow for the mounting of the brake light switch etc to make it road legal still?

Edit: and are they race pattern or road pattern shift?

Last edited by ratatooie on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more details)
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:55 am

I use a banjo bolt with a pressure switch built into it. No need for adjustments or sticking on problems. Like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic-Brake-Pressure-Light-Switch-10x1-25mm-Banjo-Bolt-fit-for-Honda-yamaha-/191874991002?hash=item2caca4039a:g:pZkAAOSwDNdVieTk

But in answer to your question no.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm

Rearsets now sold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Jun 2018, 4:20 am