Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

the Doh ville

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

the Doh ville

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 11:29 pm

Hi all, my mot has run out on my CB and it needs a few jobs doing to get it to pass again. :-(
 I have just purchased a 2006 NT700V to use as a touring ride, Any advice or comments on it? Going to collect it Monday 31/10/16 from Mansfield.
ceejay
the 800
the 800

Re: the Doh ville

Post by ceejay on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 11:37 pm

Nice, was really considering this bike recently so look forward to your report! Especially with the performance, I was concerned it could actually be slower than the CB500 due to it's lardy weight. I think it looks good on paper and like the fact it's so unfashionable and the panniers are slim so shouldn't effect filtering ability too much. In fact I occasionally see a lunatic riding one through traffic on the commute and have to get out his way, definitely nothing dull about his riding!
Grarea
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Grarea on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 11:48 am

I was really close to getting one myself instead of the CB500.
But I decided I wanted the lighter bike.
I sat on one but didn't get to have a go.
I am also curious as to what you thought.
I don't do much in a straight line, so I think I made the right choice.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 12:17 pm

I was really amazed to see according to MCN figures that the Deauville is 21kg. heavier than my Tiger 955i. Of course their data isn't always reliable, but still that's a lot for a 700cc bike.
ceejay
the 800
the 800

Post by ceejay on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

@Beresford wrote:I was really amazed to see according to MCN figures that the Deauville is 21kg. heavier than my Tiger 955i. Of course their data isn't always reliable, but still that's a lot for a 700cc bike.

It is a lot but I think the drive shaft is partly responsible... pros and cons I suppose.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 7:48 am

Yeah, shafts weight a good amount - but better for the winter/long distances than a chain, certainly less hassle. Also, if the shaft is the majority of the difference in weight, it is quite low down...

Will be interesting to see your comparison with the CB500: I suspect (apart from the age difference) it will probably be a similar ride.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:58 am