Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent.

GlenAnderson
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent. Empty Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent.

Post by GlenAnderson on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 5:01 pm

Further to my post about the new CBR500R in the general board, I've decided to make an attempt to sell my 1994 CB500 here, and on eBay rather than just chopping it in.

Here's the text from my ad on there:

It has a very low, genuine, 9100 miles from new.

I bought the bike in January 2014 to use as an occasional commuter for the 40-odd mile 'round trip to work and back. It had been in storage for a number of years, and had never actually been MoT'd prior to me buying it. The story I was given was that it had been bought new by an elderly gent, who did a little under 7000 miles on it before laying it up due to ill health. It had sat, apparently, for some 17 years before his son sold it on when clearing his estate. I am registered as the fourth owner, but apparently owner two was the son of the first, and owner three the trader I bought the bike from. Whatever, it came to me in need of a bit of TLC and recommissioning. I replaced the original (rock solid and perished) Bridgestone tyres with some new Continental Conti-Go tyres, fitted a new battery, rebuilt the front brake with new caliper pistons, seals, braided line and master cylinder seals, cleaned the tank out and fitted a good secondhand fuel tap. It has recently had a new clutch cable too.

With that lot done the bike flew through it's first ever MoT, and has passed the two subsequent ones with no bother. I have done a little over 2000 miles in the last two and a bit years, and the bike hasn't missed a beat. It is comfortable, predictable and more than quick enough to keep up with anything out there. Possibly the best all-round motorcycle I've ever owned.

It has a small rear rack, capable of taking a top box if needed, and also benefits from an uprated Osram "Nightbreaker" headlight bulb which does a very good job of lighting the road up at night. Other than that, the bike is completely standard - no dubious "improvements", loud exhausts or bodgery!

The original tool kit is still under the seat and the bike is in very good condition for its 22 years. Cosmetically, there are some areas that are starting to look a little tired, but overall it is a good, honest example of the breed and would make a great first bike, winter hack or back-up "spare" for somebody.

Why am I selling it? well, I never really used it as much as I thought I would and I've had a relocate for work and my commute is now four miles not forty. I already have several other bikes, and find this one is getting much less use than ever, and think the time is right to pass it on to someone else.

It is currently wearing a cherished registration, which will not be sold with the bike. Instead it will have the M775SJO number shown in the pictures. If you want to do an HPI check, message me for the current registration as the "M" plate won't show up.

I'll happily take you out on the pillion for a test ride, but if you want to ride it yourself I'd need to see proof of insurance, an appropriate license and a substantial deposit before you disappear into the blue!

Payment in cash, please. Bike is in Dover, Kent (CT16)

Any questions, drop me a line - I don't bite!

Ebay link with pictures here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/272422764797?

You will recall I mentioned it has a leaky fork seal; well, a scoot around with the seal-mate seems to have stopped it for the time being. However, if a forum member buys it from me it will come with a complete set of new fork seals, and a pair of gaiters for you to fit at your leisure. I'll also throw in a Haynes manual, and a couple of other bits I have for it too. 

I've put it up at £895 on eBay, but the "forum" price is £800.

I also have a brand-new, still boxed, full stainless steel Motad exhaust system for it, complete with gasket and clamp, which the buyer can have first refusal on for £250.

You can contact me on here and I'll PM you my mobile number if you want to chat about the bike.
GlenAnderson
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent. Empty Re: Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent.

Post by GlenAnderson on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:49 pm

Well, that didn't take long. I have taken a deposit on it today, so (whilst things could still go wrong) it looks like it's found a new home already. Very Happy
GlenAnderson
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent. Empty Re: Low mileage 1994 CB500 For Sale in Dover, Kent.

Post by GlenAnderson on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 2:10 pm

Yep, now gone to a new home. 

I'll be listing up a few spares for sale shortly. 

Cheers, Glen.
Llewelyn1965
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

Any stanchions in those spares Glen?
GlenAnderson
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 12:57 am

@Llewelyn1965 wrote:Any stanchions in those spares Glen?

Afraid not. 

I'll get a list up tomorrow.
eternally_troubled
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:28 am

I thought you'd get more than 500 quid for it! :)
Lammydave
Lammydave
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Lammydave on Sat 06 May 2017, 10:19 am

Hi, Glen...

I now own the bike (see my post)

no rear rack on it now... don't suppose you still have it?/

Thanks

david
GlenAnderson
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Tue 05 Mar 2019, 5:14 pm

@Lammydave wrote:Hi, Glen...

I now own the bike (see my post)

no rear rack on it now... don't suppose you still have it?/

Thanks

david

Hi David.

Sorry it's taken me a couple of years to notice your post and to reply to you.

The rack went with the bike, so if it had gone by the time you bought it then I can only assume the owner between us took it off.

I hope you have good service from it, it was a nice bike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 21 Apr 2019, 11:11 pm