Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Hello from Odense, Denmark

Baddi
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Hello from Odense, Denmark

Post by Baddi on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 1:58 pm

Hello there, 
My name is Sebastian and I'm from Odense in Denmark.

I finally got my A2 license and after trying a couple of motorcycles the girlfriend and I bought a CB 500 from 1997 which has driven about 45.000 kilometers.
Having ridden a Kymco K-pipe 125 with 8,2 horsepowers 14.000 kilometers over the course of the last two years, I'm looking so much forward to being able to drive the speed limits with my girlfriend as a passenger and to be able to do so comfortably on the CB 500. 

The CB 500 I bought has got some extra equipment of a fairing, a Leo Vince exhaust, heated handles and small indicator lights. The fairing and heated handles comes from the first owner who was a woman who drove long trips (Italy and stuff) with her husband. The exhaust and the indicator lights are from the second owner who was a young couple, but I think that I have to change the indicator lights back to original as they seem kind of small and I won't risk people not noticing that I'm indicating a turn.

Being good at dis- and reassembling stuff, of course the first thing I did after taking a nice picture of it was to take it apart to change the light bulbs in the dashboard as two of them had broken. 
Now I'm just waiting for a restrictor kit to arrive so I can take it out on the road.  Very Happy

stormbringer

Re: Hello from Odense, Denmark

Post by stormbringer on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, Baddi Smile

Regarding your inclination to poke at the hardware; remember that this place holds a massive amount of hard-earned knowledge which may come in mighty handy when things are unclear or go wrong.

For starters, get hold of the Haynes manual available somewhere on the site. It's a pdf, but better than nothing - and it's probably the closest thing to authoritative info we can get.

Have fun!
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:29 pm

Hi there and welcome. Your bike looks good with the fairing, especially with the matching paint.
Alvi
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Alvi on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 9:55 pm

Hi Sebastion, welcome to the forum. Nice looking cb, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Trine

Post by Trine on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm

Hi there and welcome:D
Baddi
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Baddi on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 8:26 pm

Thanks all! Very Happy 
I really like it too, and can't wait until I'm allowed to ride it. Hopefully later this week.

Stormbringer, I guess that Haynes manual will have to be found and will be my bedtime reading material for the next couple of days, so I'm ready for when I get the restrictor kit. Since we don't have that much money, but I do have some experience in smaller machines, I'm going to install it myself and that way also get some experience with this machine. Smile
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:55 am

Hello!

Looks good!

You'll enjoy the C500 after having a 125cc machine...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 8:01 pm