Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

let's hear it for part # 61101-MY5-860

trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Re: let's hear it for part # 61101-MY5-860

Post by trevor machine on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 3:17 pm

Ooh clever - I like that.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:17 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:
@trevor machine wrote:

@jerryfudd wrote:i went to a thundersport race some time ago and there was some talk about getting some made..... maybe tricky or andyc know more as i haven't been on the racing forum in a long long time.

This is one of the things I was wondering when I wrote the OP - what would the racing people be doing about this part. The hardest bit, in trying to hand fabricate one, would be getting those four lugs (they're not "lugs" - I just mean the female parts for the fastening bolts) welded on. Assuming you could bend and hammer out a flat piece of mild steel to roughly the right sort of curvy shape. Then again, would it be possible to use another method and just drill holes in the fashioned plate and then use washers? I think this would be difficult because it's so hard to reach behind  i.e. up and underneath the mudguard once it's in place and try and thread bolts onto nuts etc. So it would seem that some welding might be required. *gulp*

Crazy that an otherwise mechanically sound, eminently usable bike could be stymied by such an ostensibly inconsequential little part. `

It's not a very high stress part in the grand scheme of things, so the welding doesn't have to be that good, so I am sure you could find someone to do it Smile

or (possibly better) would it be possible, if the correct size of hole was made, to tap a thread into the piece of metal?  No 'welded nut' would then be required...
Or if you don't fancy tapping out a screw thread then these would most likely do a fine job.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:42 pm

@ashcroc wrote:Or if you don't fancy tapping out a screw thread then these would most likely do a fine job.
They work fine, but are great crap catchers, and they rustalot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm