Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

CB500S Totalled

serviceman
Squiddy
Squiddy

CB500S Totalled

Post by serviceman on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm

Some dork reversed his truck into my bike (while I was luckily in the cafe having a coffee) knocking it flying. Net result its been total right off as it will cost to much to repair. 16yr old 18,500 miles on the clock and is no more.
Bought a NT 700 VA 10yr old 6000 on the clock life moves on
Ride Safe
Dave
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: CB500S Totalled

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:21 pm

U should bought it off insurance company and use ebay to get bits over time as they turn up...i saw in an old bike mag recently that in 2007 the s version clocks were 700 new!... anigai 's cb a smashed up s version turned into naked version... unless frame and forks were bent... and engine damaged it could been saved i would imagine
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:46 am

That's awful luck.

Given the age/'book value' of most of our bikes almost any damage (in the eyes of the insurance company) will result in them being written off, so it is certainly worth thinking about buying it back if you can and the damage is fixable (you get the option of fixing it with second-hand spares, the insurance company does not).
serviceman
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by serviceman on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 7:10 pm

Hi 
Thanks for the info. I had bought a nt700va so either wanted it repaired back to its original condition or paid for the bike The damage is only a couple of  indicators and some scuffs to the tank and fairings but to buy it back it comes as a CAT C LOSS which would make it hard to sell so either way I lose so I'm waiting for a figure and I will go from there.
As a point of interest did you Know the insurance companies are governed by the FSA and if they dont pay the market value you can have the Ombudsman look in to why and if they are found to under paid they can be made to pay the difference at no charge to you
I would suggest you take photos of your bike as it is now and save them to a disc direct for the card so as the preserve the Meta Data so you can prove it the condition prior to the claim
Ride Safe
Dave
serviceman
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by serviceman on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 10:24 am

Hi All
Update on the bike. Insurance paid out £1300 after a bit of arguing and threats of the Onbudsman and I got the bike back should cost £120 to get it back to spec. 
I'm going to do my advance rider on it and then sell it come June all being well
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 11:01 am

Sounds like a bit of a result, tbh. Well done.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

@serviceman wrote:Hi All
Update on the bike. Insurance paid out £1300 after a bit of arguing and threats of the Onbudsman and I got the bike back should cost £120 to get it back to spec. 
I'm going to do my advance rider on it and then sell it come June all being well

Well done - it doesn't always turn out that well.

Best of luck!
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by burning_rubber on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 8:51 pm

i payed £1000 for my cb,(11000 miles) 6 years ago, it got backed in to a year after i got it, they payed out £1700, i had to buy it back for £200  and i still ride it today (65000 miles).... best of luck with your rebuild
serviceman
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by serviceman on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 9:04 am

Thats great
Mine needs a new indicator, gearshift lever and a foot peg There's some light scratches to the tank that should polish out and that's it 
How did you go on with insurance when you put it back on the road
Dave

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm