Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

front brembo bleeding problems

hawkwind
Squiddy
Squiddy

front brembo bleeding problems

Post by hawkwind on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm

hello all, just overhauled front brake and i cannot get the thing to bleed up. there is'nt even anything coming out of the reservoir when i take the banjo off. plenty of fluid in it and it was fine before. got me beat this one, any ideas anyone, john-paul

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Re: front brembo bleeding problems

Post by sullivj on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

When you say 'overhauled', did you replace the MC seals? It could be that the need doing.
hawkwind
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by hawkwind on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

i never touched the mc. initially i was replacing the front disc because it had cracked. when i fitted the wheel with the new disc on i noticed the brakes were binding so i took the caliper apart and gave it it a real good going over ( i bike on a very very tight budget so overhaul to me means a good clean )  it was obvious when i got the caliper off it was one of the slider pins as it was rusty as hell due to a cracked rubber seal ( which i will replace asap ) but after a bash with the dremmel the thing was sliding lovely. when all was back together i started to bleed the brakes, nothing! no fluid at the bleed nipple, then none at the banjo at the bottom end, then none at the banjo at the reservoir. it was working fine before so i cant see it being the mc, jp
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:26 pm

Just bleed them as normal, make sure the bleed nipple is closed, pull the lever as far back as you can and then open the bleed nipple. When I changed the lines on my cb4 one bled perfectly fine the other I must have spend longer bleeding it than what I did fitting both lines. I know it sounds stupid but have you refilled the res with brake fluid?
hawkwind
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by hawkwind on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 5:59 pm

thanks for the advice jameshambleton, it took a hell of a long time but after the telltale signs of tiny airbubbles i knew i was getting there. never had a brake take that long in 40 odd years of biking, jp
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 9:51 am

They can take an age - I think it is just getting the first little bit into the line that is somehow difficult.

I think it seems to work better if you are slow and gentle with your pulling of the lever rather than being manic.

Did the brakes work better once you got the fluid back in?
hawkwind
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by hawkwind on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 7:56 pm

not been out yet, tomorrow, but lever feels nice. i found slow lever pulls worked better than fast as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 1:18 am