Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Question about moving rear lights

Trine

Question about moving rear lights

Post by Trine on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 7:50 pm

I was thinking about moving the rear signal lights
( turning lights, I am not sure about the right word in English) backwards. They are placed on a Givi case rack, 
currently sitting in the same place as originally. 
But to make space for my saddle backs,
 I want to move them further back. The rack has got holes approximately 8 cm back,
 from where the lights are now. 
Has anyone got any experience about doing this?

ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Question about moving rear lights

Post by ashcroc on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 1:51 am

Those holes are for te elusive arms that'll allow you to mount anniers on the rack but they should work for the indicators - possibly with being drilled out to size.

A previous owner of my bike decided to drill a couple of holes lower down on the mudguard for them which works ok.  It brings problems if you want to put back to standard though.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:43 pm

not entirely sure what you mean but i mounted my indicators off the larger bolt in the picture below via a drop bar - don't appear to have a good picture after fitment

eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm

@Trine wrote:I was thinking about moving the rear signal lights
( turning lights, I am not sure about the right word in English) backwards. They are placed on a Givi case rack, 
currently sitting in the same place as originally. 
But to make space for my saddle backs,
 I want to move them further back. The rack has got holes approximately 8 cm back,
 from where the lights are now. 
Has anyone got any experience about doing this?

I haven't done this, but I have got a Givi rack and case and I think you should be able to do it without any significant problem.

You might have to extend the wires that go to the indicators (turn signals ;) - I can't remember if there is enough slack in the wires. Anyway, the best way to do this is using a soldering iron/solder to make the joints and heat-shrink insulation over the top. It would also be sensible to make sure that the new wires don't chafe (rub) on the newly-expanded holes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:36 am