Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

rear wheel alignment.

Jameshambleton

rear wheel alignment.

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:40 pm

Since having the s20 evo fitted the clearance on the swingarm (near the axle bolt) is off to one side but the chain adjusters according to my digital caliper are perfectly even, anyone have any suggestions?
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: rear wheel alignment.

Post by Beresford on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 9:13 pm

I haven't had occasion to check them out, but there are loads of "How To" postings on YouTube about wheel alignment. You'll probably find out all you need to know by looking at one or two of them.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:22 pm

I used a socket and a rachet and counted how many times, I rotated it quarter of a turn each side and that's worked for me before. I need to change the front sprocket tomorrow so I'll have to do the rear wheel alignment anyway. I just didn't know if the swingarm ridge that is in the middle was wider on one side or not.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 17 Sep 2016, 7:09 am

Ok so I've just looked at my 97 swing arm and it has a ledge going around the inside of the swingarm but the 98 model swingarm that i have doesn't have this ledge. Just checked and only the 97 model uses this swingarm 52200-MY5-730ZA as the 98-02 is 52200-MY5-G30ZA. Seems like a weird change.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Sun 25 Sep 2016, 9:20 am

I use a steel rule to measure from one of the indicator lines to the edge of the 'window' then compare to the other side.

My father in law used two long steel box rods secured to each side of the rear wheel resting over the tyre (not the floor) secured very tight with a bungy strap then measured the distance from rod to the front edge and then rear edge of the front tyre so that its parallel to the rod and then compare to the otherside....... on the premise that if the rear wheel is skewed you'll never get your measurements to be equal at the front.

We then attached to mine and was near as damn it spot on. take from that what you will Smile

Dan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:19 am