Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Big thanks to Ashcroc

liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Big thanks to Ashcroc

Post by liverpool_f_ on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 9:42 am

Thanks to forum member Ashcroc, i have a spare seat pan to experiment with custom foam. It means i can keep my bike on the road while experimenting. No pics for now as I am out of the country but as I make some progress i will post some. I never cease to be amazed by the generosity of members on this forum. 

Thanks Ashcroc, top man!
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Big thanks to Ashcroc

Post by ashcroc on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 2:14 pm

Thanks but you did me the favour by taking it off my hands before it ended up at the dump.  While multiple spares of some things can be handy, I don't class seatpans in that list!

I saw someone on the web a while ago who said that sanding off the discoloured top layer of foam (where it was in contact with the mould) restored the bounce.  It may be worth trying on that seat to see what improvement you can get without total replacement.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 5:14 pm

It is certainly worth a bit of experimentation, keep us posted! You did the right thing getting a 'new' seat to experiment with - once you have modified it you can then compare it with your existing one to 'prove' it is more comfortable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 6:28 am