Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

throttle stop restriction

pavlos

throttle stop restriction

Post by pavlos on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 5:39 pm

hi all
i have a cbf 500 its has throttle stop restriction when i bought it but now i want to take off the  restricted
is this easy fix ? can anyone give me some instruction please, thanks
pavlos
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: throttle stop restriction

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 3:12 pm

On my bike it was really easy - they made a hole in the twist-grip cover and put a bit of wire through it to stop the throttle moving past a certain position.

It could also be a bit of metal that bolts on near the carbs (you'll need to take the fuel tank off to see it) and stops the throttle-butterfly mechanism moving past a certain point.
lucky13
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by lucky13 on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 6:21 pm

It's usually the second of ET's options; a metal plate at the end of the throttle wires by the carbs. 

If it's a 3rd party restrictor it should be really easy: take out the bolts, remove plate keeping the stay underneath in place, and replace bolts.  If it's Honda's restrictor then you need to replace or modify (cut back) the metal stay/plate that holds the ends of the cable outers in place. 

The Honda restrictor is part no. 24 on the following diagram and the normal unrestricted version is part no. 25: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection.php?block_01=17MET401&block_02=E__1901&block_03=157&block_04=xx&block_05=hmc

Last edited by lucky13 on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added word)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:28 pm