Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

And another chopped / bodged cb5

muttley1
the 900
the 900

And another chopped / bodged cb5

Post by muttley1 on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm

I'm as arty and creative as the next guy but what is going on with the current outbreak of chopped/cafe racer/what the heck happened there cb5's on ebay?

The latest I saw is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-Cafe-Racer-/122083724281?hash=item1c6cc1cbf9:g:4RQAAOSwHoFXrs~N

Its still a cb5 mind, just with less bodywork and unusual bars but always worth a look to see if anything new has been thought up by folks. This bike has wet race tyres by the looks of it, a front master cylinder that probably won't allow full lock, no chainguards, and no rear mudgard.

muttley1
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: And another chopped / bodged cb5

Post by Beresford on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 9:06 pm

On the positive side, it looks well cared for and all the original bits go with the bike, so it could be returned to standard.
I wonder what the reserve is?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:06 am

That's actually quite good for a CB5 modification/chop/custom - most of them I have seen are awwwwwful.

I think the one in the listing is just picking up on a few stripped back styling cues from the last-years (or probably a few years before) custom/hipster bike scene. I'd be interested to see how well it runs, given that they removed the airbox.
ratatooie
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ratatooie on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:05 pm

Granted I'm a bit biased with my project at the moment, but I think this one looks good. It is quite tastefully done and the tank flows nicely into the seat.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 1:21 pm

I really liked the looks of that bike. The air box of it is still there but the battery box/under seat storage has gone. It looks well done and looks really clean.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:29 pm