Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Rear mudguard extender?

alanp
Rossi
Rossi

Rear mudguard extender?

Post by alanp on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 1:49 pm

I've seen pictures on the web of CB500's with an extender thing on the rear mudguard. Mine has the holes on it for such a thing to be fitted, which I assume at some point was a factory fitment or accessory - but I can't find any trace of actually getting one from anywhere.

The standard rear guard length is ok, but a longer bit there would help stop the crud flying up into the rear rack area on my bike.

Anyone know what I'm on about and/or where to get them from?
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: Rear mudguard extender?

Post by Beresford on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 3:27 pm

Sully ?
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 3:34 pm

builders bucket I believe is what the previous owner of tango used.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 6:58 pm

alanp wrote:I've seen pictures on the web of CB500's with an extender thing on the rear mudguard. Mine has the holes on it for such a thing to be fitted, which I assume at some point was a factory fitment or accessory

tbh I think those holes are actually for L plates as a lot of them were school bikes due to how the licensing laws used to work.

Personally I think the front mudguard is far more of a problem than the back. Even the Pyramid Plastic fender extender thing does very little to protect the quite vulnerable radiator and exhaust headers. I've got the extender thing, but have then bolted a further (large!) piece of plastic onto that. Which looks unwieldy but has helped somewhat - though in retrospect I could've and should've fastened it lower still.
ceejay
the 800
the 800

Post by ceejay on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 7:11 pm

Seem the remember one of the German members of this forum saying there is actually an official Honda rear mudguard extender available but only from Honda Germany of something weird like that?
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:13 pm

It's item 11 on lings which helpfully isn't listed in the description.
I saw one on ebay years ago & considered getting it just for the rarity value but missed the end of the auction.
alanp
Rossi
Rossi

Post by alanp on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:22 pm

Dunno if this will work, but here's a picture of a bike with one fitted from flikr:

alanp
Rossi
Rossi

Post by alanp on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:29 pm

Ah - the hint about German bikes was spot on! Just looked at the cmnsl parts lists for early German spec bikes and got it. But it's 40 Euros..so probably wont bother!

Edit - thanks ashcroc - you're spot on.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:39 pm

Beresford wrote:Sully ?

Ah Ha - The cut down builders bucket in all it's glory..! £1.99 from B&Q, and you can make 5 spares!

And the front fender extender, extender, made from an old shoe sole...See, Tango does get mucky sometimes!

alanp
Rossi
Rossi

Post by alanp on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:57 pm

The builders bucket looks ok to me! Might do that when the weather turns nasty again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:04 pm