Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Pannier Rack

supersim65
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Pannier Rack

Post by supersim65 on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:14 pm

I'm off touring on the CB this summer. Would love to find a second hand rack for not very much. Would stabilise my strange selection of luggage a bit.
Jameshambleton

Re: Pannier Rack

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:24 pm

I've got Fehling ones on my bike, up until recently they still sold them on their website so it might be worth dropping them an email
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 31 Jul 2016, 9:38 am

krauser still sell a pannier rack for the cb but it is a lot of money. 

Try looking about with the help from the wiki page
supersim65
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by supersim65 on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 2:13 pm

There's a guy on eBay with a bike gong to parts including a rack and 3 boxes. I'm actually in the Alps at the moment, and couldn't be happier with what I bodged together before I left. Let me see if I can upload a photo.
supersim65
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by supersim65 on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 2:19 pm

Can only get the the link on my phone. 

https://flic.kr/p/JUNMfo
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 7:35 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:krauser still sell a pannier rack for the cb...
Looks good. I like the system-approach; one set of racks will hold different boxes. Probably also somewhat futureproof - meaning it's possible to get replacement parts.

Expensive? Yes. I haven't found any cheap AND good luggage solutions yet.

Another thing: These panniers, when mounted - don't they prevent you from filtering? I've just learnt that the ability to filter is crucial when traveling. Which actually is an argument in favor of using a simple dry-bag and some bungs for the clothing-stuff. Camera, laptop, wallet etc then goes into a tankbag that you can easily detach and take with you. This arrangement also has the advantage of placing the heavy stuff centrally on the bike.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 10 Aug 2016, 6:56 pm

It turns out that you can also get a rack system from Hepco & Becker.
Not that it's by any means cheap, but there's a selection of bits & bobs available. Have a look at those to get an overview.

I've just ordered the Krauser K-wing pannier rack. Once it's been installed, I'll see if i'm going to fit a small set of Krauser boxes to that or I should add a C-bow conversion kit (Umrüstsatz auf C-Bow 150551) and on top of that a set of C-bow compatible bags (smaller). Krauser's luggage boxes certainly look the part - but are they too massive?
Eg the Xplorer 30 which is 22cm wide - will it suit me and the bike?

Edit: The K-wing topbox-rack by Krauser is no longer manufactured. I asked them. So, if anyone has that bit for sale, I'm a buyer. I'm one of those people who likes to have complete sets...

Last edited by stormbringer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Comment on topbox-rack)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 1:29 am