You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

CB500s Owner

Engi57
Squiddy
Squiddy

CB500s Owner

Post by Engi57 on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 7:23 pm

Hi guys, 

I picked up my CB for £850 5 years ago. It's an ideal commuter, as well as being fast enough for some weekend riding Very Happy . I've made a few mods to add a bit of performance and functionality. Half of the reason I got the CB for its reputation for long term reliability and it never fails to prove it. 

I posted a few more pics and listed the spec in (> Forum > General > Post a photo of your bike!). 

Cheers,

Engi.
Jack359
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Re: CB500s Owner

Post by Jack359 on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 7:45 pm

Wellcome to the forum Engi  Smile This forum is full with very knowledgeble and cool guys so Im sure you are going to like it in here.
Got my CB less than a month ago and so far puts a smile on my face everytime I snap the throttle.
Checked the photos of your CB in the other topic -Very pretty bike!
I also want to change the whole exhaust system with stainless, I love the look of these stainless headers.
Engi57
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Engi57 on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 7:54 pm

Thanks Jack. My headers started blowing very slightly because of corrosion so I stripped them back, gave them plenty of coats of high T paint and wrapped them, 6 months later they were blowing again so I gave in and bought the delkevic system. Its a good upgrade, you'll save loads of weight over the OEM item and get a few extra BHP in the process  Very Happy
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm

Welcome Engi, that's a cracking bike!
Engi57
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Engi57 on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 10:19 pm

Thanks teamster  Smile
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 10:46 pm

That looks pretty sweet, was it you who repainted the engine as it looks like its been done really well in the photo's? Welcome by the way Smile
Engi57
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Engi57 on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:25 pm

Thanks James, I painted the engine last winter. I removed the engine, removed all unnecessary ancillaries and used ALOT of degreaser, sandpaper, wire wool and wet and dry. Plenty of coats of good quality engine paint and a high temp lacquer over the top. Its strange how such a reliable bike designed to do so many miles was fated with such a poor finish in parts. The swing-arm needs painting next as the rust is coming through  Crying or Very sad.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

@Engi57 wrote: The swing-arm needs painting next as the rust is coming through  :cry:.

Based on my recent experience you want to get on with that :)
Engi57
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Engi57 on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 2:28 am

That sounds like a negative recent experience, anything major?

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 8:06 am

He poked his finger through a rusted hole
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

@sullivj wrote:He poked his finger through a rusted hole

Which on further investigation turned out to be so bad I had to buy a replacement swing arm.

I can't really absolve myself of any blame for this, other than to say it didn't have that hole last time I looked...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:45 am