Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Evans Waterless Coolant

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Evans Waterless Coolant

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 4:09 pm

Hi,

I'm considering doing this on the Street and because of the quantities the CB will get done too.

Has anyone considered or have any opinions on it?

Dan

...and for those scratching their heads or without an opinion yet check the videos.

plus many others on YouTube.....
Jameshambleton

Re: Evans Waterless Coolant

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 4:32 pm

I was going to be doing mine but in all honestly the garage did mine when they had the head off, a bottle of antifreeze is like £12 from halfrauds and then just mix it yourself rather than the expence of this. I think evens was going to be something like £80 to do it, not money I have to throw away on coolant.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 4:40 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:I was going to be doing mine but in all honestly the garage did mine when they had the head off, a bottle of antifreeze is like £12 from halfrauds and then just mix it yourself rather than the expence of this. I think evens was going to be something like £80 to do it, not money I have to throw away on coolant.

Its not so bad when I factor in over two bikes, plus won't have to ever (apparently) do it again.

Plus loosing the expansion bottle is really appealing...... Rolling Eyes

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 5:09 pm

The expansion bottles presence has never bothered me!

I'm on likely to flush the coolant once in every 5 years. It would take a long time to get value from the extra outlay, so I wouldn't bother.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 5:13 pm

@sullivj wrote:The expansion bottles presence has never bothered me!

I'm on likely to flush the coolant once in every 5 years. It would take a long time to get value from the extra outlay, so I wouldn't bother.

Bothers me more so on the Street, the CB will just get it as a bonus...... same goes for the regularity of the coolant change.

The only real downside I've thought of so far is doing any kind of valve check would involve dumping the coolant which in this case would be a little bit more of a faff to keep it away from any kind of contamination so it can go back in.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 7:41 pm

I've considered it a while ago but haven't got passed the pondering stage as yet. 
Short of springing a leak, it should be the last coolant you need to buy as you can drain it from your bike when you sell it & put it in the next one.

The flush can also be used multiple times which'll reduce the cost a bit.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 1:42 pm

I've considered it, but haven't felt the need to do it. The idea is appealing though.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:18 pm

I would consider it if it meant that I didn't have to be bothered servicing the cooling system any more. There are other much cheaper coolants that are also life of the vehicle like the g13 coolant required by VW's. It does contain water though so I don't know about its anti corrosion capabilities. 

The only problem with life of the vehicle coolants is that if you need to replace a hose or a water pump etc. you lose the coolant and obviously have to replace it. I changed the coolant in my car with g13 and lost it all about 6 months later when I had to replace the EGR valve.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 9:34 am

this arrived this morning...... Smile

I got 7litres of each just to be sure so we shall see!

Dan
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 4:04 pm

Don't forget the leaf blower Wink
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 4:40 pm

@ashcroc wrote:Don't forget the leaf blower Wink

I've got a compressor although I think my blaster sidekick might be better for the job.

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 6:14 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:33 pm