Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

High milage bikes on the forum

Jameshambleton

Re: High milage bikes on the forum

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm

Back to the topic, if posts could be kept to miles, year and your username without including others that would be great!
Hcb
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by Hcb on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 7:38 pm

Hi.

Sorry. I change km to miles, and the mileage is 80778 miles. (129.000 km)

Year 1997, username HCB.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 8:37 pm

@skyerae wrote:Try and bleed the dual combined braking system of the VFR800 - I resorted to a vacuum type brake bleeder in the end and that made it a lot better  Rolling Eyes That said it only had 9 pistons, and sets of seals, and seven bleed screws which have to be bled in a certain sequence (as per usual)

Eek! That's pretty elaborate, I must admit.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 8:44 pm

@Beresford wrote:

@trevor machine wrote:An entire world of pain.

I've seen it said elsewhere that 6 pot calipers (like 5 valve heads) are a technical dead end and best binned and replaced with 4 pots.

I absolutely and emphatically have yet to rule out switching to fours - several Nissin callipers bolt straight on and are happy even to use the same master cylinder. However, it would be cool to get  the Tokicos up and running, so I'll see if I can rebuild them first.

I came across some guy on youtube who was showing how to refurb the Tokico sixes - very useful vid. However, he'd put them on his Bandit 12 in a bid to find some better brakes than the Nissin fours. Precisely the opposite of what many zx9r owners on the Kawasaki forum are doing!!

Maybe the grass is always greener in big bike brake world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:06 pm