You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

New CB500 Owner, Worcester

Munky205
Squiddy
Squiddy

New CB500 Owner, Worcester

Post by Munky205 on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 8:15 pm

Hi guys, I have only recently (9months) gotten into riding at the age of 31 after being very much into cars for over 10 years prior to that. I did my CBT, got a new YZFR125 and have loved every second of riding since, I'll never not have a bike from now on, I'm addicted.
My brother recently upgraded his CB500 for a CBR600RR and he has kindly given his twin to me for my first 'big bike'. He used it for commuting and never really looked after it so I'm now looking to get the bike back to former glory. I have compiled a rather large list of parts to replace/upgrade so it'll be a commuter project for me which should be fun. 

This forum is great and after spending only a day looking through threads I've learnt a lot already.

I look forward to learning more and sharing my progress with the bike.
Jameshambleton

Re: New CB500 Owner, Worcester

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 8:26 pm

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing your progress on the bike, be weary of the front engine bolt as that seizes in. Have a read of @jerryfudd's rebuild thread
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 8:29 pm

Welcome mate, looking forward to seeing your new pride and joy! Very Happy
TheWizardofOdds
the 800
the 800

Post by TheWizardofOdds on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm

Hi and welcome. Good luck with the project.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:23 pm

Well come to the forum, cbr 600 rr is a great bike but i think a bit too focused for road.. i have an early fireblade and for everyday use i think cb 500 is an amazing bike .
Munky205
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Munky205 on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:47 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

I brought the bike from my brothers house to mine the other night,  it's only around the corner but obviously had no choice but to ride it.  Twisted Evil
He had said that it was "like a 125 just heavier" and after getting it past 6k I couldn't believe how wrong he was!! I currently ride a 125cc as I'm in the process of training for my A license so I know exactly how a 125cc feels, (remember this is the first bike above 125cc that I've ever riden) it was so fooking quick! Instantly loved the bike but those mirrors moving with the handlebars will take some getting used to. LOL.
Alvi
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Alvi on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 9:38 pm

Hi Munky,  welcome. I have the opposite problem, only faired bike we have is my wife's Ninja & I can't get used to the mirrors not moving with the bars on that! Wink
Good luck tidying up th CB.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 7:29 am

@Munky205 wrote:...have loved every second of riding since, I'll never not have a bike from now on, I'm addicted.

Hehe - addicted is just the right word. And here, you are among fellow addicts. Welcome to the asylum Smile

Initial advice; go easy. The CB IS heavier and considerably more powerful. You don't want to arrive early for your own funeral...

Also, for your own safety, remember to put proper riding gear upgrades on your list of bits and bobs to buy. Preferably near the top Smile
Munky205
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Munky205 on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:21 am

@stormbringer wrote:

@Munky205 wrote:...have loved every second of riding since, I'll never not have a bike from now on, I'm addicted.

Hehe - addicted is just the right word. And here, you are among fellow addicts. Welcome to the asylum Smile

Initial advice; go easy. The CB IS heavier and considerably more powerful. You don't want to arrive early for your own funeral...

Also, for your own safety, remember to put proper riding gear upgrades on your list of bits and bobs to buy. Preferably near the top Smile

Thanks for the advice - I always take it steady as I have a 3 year old daughter and I'm in no rush to leave her, it always keeps me honest. 

I bought very good boots, gloves and helmet when I started out but I've been looking at A* jackets due to the hotter weather and my current jacket having a non-removable waterproof liner, it gets pretty frickin' hot having to throw that on after a heavy gym session and 25°c outside. LOL.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:25 pm

hi Munky welcome to the club and enjoy the new toy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:46 am