You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

hello everyone from silverdude

silverdude

hello everyone from silverdude

Post by silverdude on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:55 pm

Hi new to the forum and wanted to say hi. Just picked up a CB500F 2007 model in good condition. I wondered what sort of sensible mods could be done and any pointers to websites, suppliers etc to help in this.
Really enjoying the bike despite what some of the reviews I have read about it being bland etc. I find it fun to ride easy to handle and for this older dude just getting back on two wheels after a long illness I think its great. Any comments or suggestions welcome. Cheers
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: hello everyone from silverdude

Post by Beresford on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:23 pm

CB 500F ? Dat's wunna dem moddrin bikes, innit ?
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:27 pm

Heated grips would be a good choice and they're usually going cheap since it's summer at the moment and not many people will want them.
Alvi
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Alvi on Sat 04 Jun 2016, 9:37 pm

Hi silverdude, welcome & hi from one old dude to another Wink
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:32 am

If you haven't got a top-box already then you should get one - being able to get your shopping on the bike is great.
silverdude

Post by silverdude on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 10:33 pm

Thanks for the info. Bike came with a top box and heated grips so that's sorted ta. Do you know if Honda make a full fairing for the bike? If so is it cool? Do you know what they cost etc. Cannot see any on Ebay for that year.Cheers Silverdude

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 11:05 pm

Welcome along. Most folks on here have the older cb5's - 1994 -2002. Same engine as yours but carburettors, sparkier to ride, narrower tyres, have their own class in the thundersport race series.

Not heard of full fairings for the cbf's, you could just buy a flyscreen (givi, faabri etc) as they make a fair difference for a few quid.

Providing the bike is sound I'd say just ride it whilst the weather is good and leave the tinkering until later.

atb

muttley1
biglee
Godly
Godly

cbf stuff

Post by biglee on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 4:16 pm

hi i have a 2008 cbf  had it approx 6 months no issues as yet mine came with crash bobbins a fly screen and a tank protector as well as a top box

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Jun 2018, 10:17 am