Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Got any views on the CB500's turning circle?

trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Got any views on the CB500's turning circle?

Post by trevor machine on Tue 24 May 2016, 1:30 pm

I was out riding this morning doing some errands which took me down quite a few very small cul-de-sacs, and involved a lot of U-turns.

Perversely, I sort of enjoy this 'technical' slow sort of riding - trying to keep feet up, making the ride smooth even at walking speed, etc.

If I ever used to hit full-lock, as in bump the stop, I'd almost always put a foot down - as an instinctive reaction as much as anything. But these days it doesn't phase me anywhere near as much and I'll even let it stay there for a few moments. Obviously I'm a trillion miles away from those gymkhana guys. But yeah - the CB500's lock is pretty tight, making for quite a manoeuvrable little bike. It doesn't hurt that it's relatively slim and well-balanced either. Must've seemed like night-and-day different to the CX500 for those London dispatchers and couriers, after that heavy, cam-steering prone lard-ass.

So - how does the CB500's turning circle compare to other bike's you've owned? I'd say it's nearly as good as the couple of 125s I've owned, and also the w650 (which is also quite a tight turner when needs be), also my klx250. An underrated feature to have, in my view - and one I'd like to see quoted in more specs. Nerd alert.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Got any views on the CB500's turning circle?

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 6:28 pm

Seems pretty good to me, but then I only really have small 125s and my maaaasive old Ducati to compare it too (btw. it's turning circle is so bad that you really want to avoid u-turns on it - works much better when going greater than 30 mph)
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:01 pm

I think I got mine to about 2.3 parking spaces wide so I'm fairly happy, it's nothing like my 125 but I aint complaining
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:54 pm

It's amazing how tightly a bike will turn if you have the cojones to keep hard on the throttle !!
balth
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by balth on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 10:14 am

Mine turns almost as well as my cg125 sometimes. Other times it turns like a truck and I'm up on the pavement. Obviously this is a fault in the bike and nothing at all to do with my skill!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 2:06 pm