Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Bike cleaning

Jameshambleton

Re: Bike cleaning

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 29 May 2016, 7:56 pm

I'm doing more of the 50% mucoff 50%water mix at the moment in a little hand held squeezy spraycan after every ride and it's certainly bringing a load of stuff off the front engine and around the rear tyre. 
The bike is getting just as clean now as when I got it and it's as if winter never happened Wink
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 31 May 2016, 3:06 pm

sullivj wrote:Once a year, I wash it with water, dry it with the compressor and then use the parrafin gun, filled with ACF50, linked to a compressor, when I do an annual 'tank off' spray off the whole bike.

Intermittent cleaning, is normally done with an ACF soaked rag. If it's really mucky, I spray and wipe it with WD40 first.

If you think this is an Anal regime, talk to JerryFudd Laughing

Rolling Eyes

...kinda what he said but more often Laughing
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm

Jameshambleton wrote:...

What does everyone (apart from ET as he doesn't clean his bike) use to clean their bikes?

I've only not been on here a week and I'm getting slagged off already ;)

I would say you were lying but no, I don't really clean my bike.

It was in a pretty bad cosmetic state when I got it and I tried to clean it and make it better but here was so much to clean and make better that it defeated me. I've now 'let it be' for such a long time that it is, without doubt, worse than when I got it. Plus because I've tended to ride all year, all weather (that might be changing, I've just been made redundant!)

Well done for reporting the TFR trick - a mate showed me this trick a few years ago - he demonstrated it by using some on the rear wheel of my bike (which, as you can guess, is coated in old chain oil and grot). If I *had* been interested in cleaning it I might have been more impressed :)

As I mentioned above, I might have a little time on my hands in the next few weeks, so, shock-horror, I might actually clean the thing. I won't care if TFR removes the top layer of my paintwork - it's gone already!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:35 am