Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

rubbing down tank

skyrider
the 900
the 900

rubbing down tank

Post by skyrider on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 10:20 pm

tonight I was back in the cave and rubbing down the tank I have decided to do the full bike in the same colour, I was just going to spray the cowling and front mudguard but now its going to be the tank and the plastics around the rad as well but I am not going to put any graphics at all on the the bike just leave it red, and I don't know what glue Honda use on their graphics but it is some good stuff I have been in to them with emery cloth and all sorts they will rub off in the end Laughing

Re: rubbing down tank

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 10:26 pm

With the tank empty I found that a hair dryer makes the decals on the tank soft, they are easy to remove then.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 10:34 pm

right I will try that tomorrow night thanks
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 8:38 pm

so another damp grey day in downtown  preston so I decided to work on the tank i started with a heat gun and off came the graphics in one go (nice one mate) and then a quick rub over with the emery again i then rubbed it down with white spirit let it dry and then started spraying, it was then that the scrapes and chips began to show up more so into town and I got some filler primer so second try tomorrow Rolling Eyes
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 9:00 pm

I have been spraying the tank again today and I think things are going ok another couple of coats and I reckon it will be ready for the lacquer I also put the forks back in the yokes with the new gaiters, as I was moving the brake caliper one of the pads dropped out and there wasn't much left of either of them so that's another spend for next week my mate is getting me some ebc ones  im glad it happened now while im still building the bike up they can be replaced at the same time the others are well shot

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 9:57 pm

Glad you're making progress. I'd be interested to see a picture of the tank when it's finished.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

when I have got the bike finished I will post a couple of photos of it at the beginning I was just going to spray the plastics but then I thought nah while im on with it I might as well do the tank as well no point in having the tank one colour and the rest  another
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

right hopefully I have just put the final red coat on the tank and the plastics that surround the rad so next it will be the lacquer in a couple of days time, rooting around in the other shed I came across some thick shiny black paint so I slapped a nice generous coat over both stands I reckon that should keep the weather getting to them for a while Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:47 pm