You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

[solved]topic last post

Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Solved [solved]topic last post

Post by Tricky. on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm

am i missing something? when i want to view a topic that has been on going, i have to click the topic title then scroll all the way down to the last post, passing everything i have already read from previous days/weeks etc. on other forums you can click to go straight to the last post written.
Jameshambleton

Solved Re: [solved]topic last post

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 10:53 pm

There use to be an option of this I believe but I can't find it now
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Post by Tricky. on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:10 am

admin?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

Quite a few site graphics disappeared last year and we had to replace them, it's possible that the option you're looking for has lost its graphic.
Can you explain exactly what functionality you are looking for and link a site with something similar? I can use this as a starting point to track down what has happened.
Unfortunately "spitonyourgrave22" the site owner is AWOL so I'm working this all out from scratch.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:03 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:There use to be an option of this I believe but I can't find it now

Sure did, I first noticed back in August....

Last edited by jerryfudd on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:16 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:
@Jameshambleton wrote:There use to be an option of this I believe but I can't find it now

Sure did, I first noticed back in August....

Information
Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 4:22 pm

bah, my bad... I thought id posted it in website related. but yes, i used to find that button useful too
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 7:10 pm

Sorted. You should see the icon to the right of the username in the "Last Posts" column.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm

I believe he meant the ordering of posts inside of the topic's. E.G this post that you're reading right now... yeah hi there... would be at the top of the page rather than Tricky's post rather than as current the newest post is always at the bottom of the thread
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 7:43 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:I believe he meant the ordering of posts inside of the topic's. E.G this post that you're reading right now... yeah hi there... would be at the top of the page rather than Tricky's post rather than as current the newest post is always at the bottom of the thread

There is no user control for post order, it is a global setting. Seems a bit archaic I know but that is down to Forumotion.
If this is something you would want changed it would have to be put to the vote as it would affect everyone.
I think it is a fair compromise having the "View latest post" button (which was missing!).
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 7:46 pm

Thinking about it, I'm going back before the current hosting migration happened so it will have been just over a year and a half ago. So it might have been an option that was lost like a few other options when it all got transferred over
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

@Jameshambleton wrote:Thinking about it, I'm going back before the current hosting migration happened so it will have been just over a year and a half ago. So it might have been an option that was lost like a few other options when it all got transferred over

The forum software just does not have the option for the user to change post order, I've done a fair bit of digging and the question has come up many times across various Forumotion boards.
The original request was to restore the "View latest post" icon which happily is now working Smile
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Post by Tricky. on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 8:54 pm

"View latest post" button is exactly what i was on about. nice one, thank you very much.  Very Happy cheers
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 9:27 pm

No worries Tricky! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 10:45 am