Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

rear axle nut and bolt

skyrider
the 900
the 900

rear axle nut and bolt

Post by skyrider on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:17 pm

a few weeks ago I noticed that when I turned the rear wheel the  axle bolt turned as well, so seeing as I had some time spare this afternoon I got the spanners out and soon found out I didn't need them, the nut came off without turning it so I gave it a clean along with the axle and the nut didn't have a thread on it it was as smooth as formica and the axle  wasn't much better also missing was one of the cranked washers im beginning to think the previous owner was a bit of a comedian so im now in the market for a an axle bolt nut and a cranked washer Rolling Eyes  and by the way the bike has not been ridden by myself since I bought it  I have spent all the time working on it in the cave Neutral
Jameshambleton

Re: rear axle nut and bolt

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:46 pm

@skyrider wrote:a few weeks ago I noticed that when I turned the rear wheel the  axle bolt turned as well, so seeing as I had some time spare this afternoon I got the spanners out and soon found out I didn't need them, the nut came off without turning it so I gave it a clean along with the axle and the nut didn't have a thread on it it was as smooth as formica and the axle  wasn't much better also missing was one of the cranked washers im beginning to think the previous owner was a bit of a comedian so im now in the market for a an axle bolt nut and a cranked washer Rolling Eyes  and by the way the bike has not been ridden by myself since I bought it  I have spent all the time working on it in the cave Neutral

In coming PM.....
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 8:47 pm

axle and nut arrived today off fleabay and in decent condition too, thanks james for pointing me in the right direction, I hope yours is in decent nick as well

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:15 pm