Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Motad Exhaust...

GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Motad Exhaust...

Post by GlenAnderson on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 12:16 pm

Hi all. 

Another exhaust thread! Laughing

I know the various alternatives have been done to death, but I thought I'd share my recent experiences. 

My bike is currently still wearing its factory exhaust which, although twenty two years old, is still ok but starting to look very scabby. Now, my hooligan days are long behind me, and I work shifts, so in the summer months the bike gets a fair bit of use at extremely unsociable hours of the day. Because of that, I like the fact that the factory system is so quiet. However, I don't like it enough to pay the current asking price for a new genuine mild steel system! 

So; what to do?

I've read all the exhaust threads, noted where people have said there systems are loud, or need re-jetting, or mucking about with mounts or stands. It seemed like I had a choice between a Motad system for £300+ or a Delkevic for about the £250 mark if I shopped around. 

Then someone on here (and I can't find the thread to thank them, which is one reason why I've started this one), mentioned that Motad have an eBay "shop" with the username "motad1". Sure enough they do, and after a month or so of watching their listings a full system for a CB500 popped up last week. I asked them if it was a plated mild steel system or full stainless, and they replied "full stainless". So I took a punt and was the only bidder, winning it at the opening £169.99. With carriage it was on my doorstep for £183.19. 

Bargain. Very Happy

All I've done so far is unpack it, and confirm it's the right one. Looks good so far; solid and well made. I'll be back with pictures and fitting details once I've got around to doing it. That may be a while!

All the best, Glen.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: Motad Exhaust...

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 12:56 pm

Put some pics up glen before u put it on and on the bike thanks Very Happy

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 4:28 pm

Glad you got a good deal. I found an original, brand new Honda one for about £100 a year ago.

It's in the loft, ready for when I need it!
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm

Crikey you did well Glen!
The mild steel ones are crap, mine rusted through from the inside and sheared off as you can see from my profile pic!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 7:50 pm

you got a result there Glen well done when I got my cb just before Christmas it came with a delkevic (fitted) and the original exhaust, the original looks in fairly good nick

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 1:17 am