Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

bike gets a wash

skyrider
the 900
the 900

bike gets a wash

Post by skyrider on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:14 pm

this afternoon I dragged the cb out of the man cave and drained the radiator and it was just as I thought out came rusty water and no coolant, and then I sprayed the entire naked bike (no tank and plastics) with paraffin then hosed it off with the hosepipe sprayer and at the same time flushing the rad and out came more rusty water I did this about four times till clean water came out and then refilling with new coolant I then repeated the process of washing the bike this time using jizer, I let it drain for about half an hour after hosing it down again and then back in to  the man cave where there is a dehumidifier to help the drying process Smile
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: bike gets a wash

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 7:15 pm

That sounds like exactly what my bike needs! (apart from the coolant: I did that already) I probably won't manage to do it...
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm

thanks et,  and todays project was fitting the two  plastic swing arm covers that I got off fleabay, I noticed that inside the tube where the long bolt lives that it wasn't in that bad of a condition rust wise so I just went over it with some wire wool then gave it a clean out both sides  with a rag followed with a couple of paint brushes full of grease and brushed it around the bolt and all of the tubing, the bungs went in to a cup of boiling water to soften them up, I placed a square piece of wood against the bungs and tapped them into place with a hammer, after drying them I went round the edges with fernox to stop any water getting into the tube
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Post by Tricky. on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 9:31 pm

sounds like thorough job youve done there, you are more than welcome to come round and do mine  Very Happy   Laughing
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 9:43 pm

thanks I will keep it in mind Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm

I'm presuming that paraffin is a form of degreaser?
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 7:11 pm

yes it works as a degreaser james I have been using it to clean my bikes for years and it does a decent job, I used the jizer because someone gave me a gallon can of the stuff so i thought I might as well use a bit of it and even now when I go into the cave you can smell jizer and not a bad fragrance with it as well Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:28 pm