Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

deafening exhaust

muttley1
the 900
the 900

deafening exhaust

Post by muttley1 on Tue 15 Mar 2016 - 16:52

Hi all,

a while back I fitted a stubby carbon fibre can and the link is here

http://www.cb500club.net/t3786-micron-off-carbon-fibre-on?highlight=micron

Initially I was very pleased: 62mpg, cars, cats and the like jumping neatly to one side so I sold the micron can and link pipe. However, I've to be out and about early this time of year. The can is just too loud, and is wearing on long trips too, having the baffle out or back in makes no difference.

So, anyone recommend a quieter can that sounds ok, is longer than a stubby can and fits aftermarket stainless downpipes.

I'd swap for mine, got to keep the neighbours happy y'see.

cheers

muttley1

dado_dassler
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Re: deafening exhaust

Post by dado_dassler on Tue 15 Mar 2016 - 20:14

how about a takkoni? it fits motad downpipes. videos: video1, video2 (without dbk).
i'm going for the takkoni or the storm gp exhaust from mivv (video3) but i'm afraid the italian is louder.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 12:32

Well, I'm quite happy with the standard fuel can (they call it 'midi' - 400mm)... it fits fine to my delkevik downpipes (installing them was another story!).

It doesn't seem too loud - it is lounder than the standard but it hasn't annoyed me yet - I mainly have the baffle in.

Luckily I mananged to get a pre-loved one from a member on here for a cheapo price; a new one will cost you 160-odd quid.

http://www.fuelexhausts.com/exhausts/classic-exhaust-single-slip-on/cb500-fv-fy-1996-03

In the meantime earplugs will help stop it annoying you sadly it won't help your neighbours...

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Fri 18 Mar 2016 - 0:01

Cheers for replies. Ear plugs in, always, have taken to wheeling bike to road, away from flats and no twitcy curtains so far. Will look out for a better (quieter) can secondhand.

muttley1
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 18 Mar 2016 - 17:53

muttley1 wrote:...no twitcy curtains so far.

oh no, not the curtains! :)

I would like to be able to say 'fook 'em all, keep your loud exhaust' but I also know that it's best not to piss off the neighbours...
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 18 Mar 2016 - 18:46

I dont get on with my neighbour shes an oul  ....   shes not happy when i start my cb up in back garden twichy curtins. I know she   going  cause trouble when i am going start building my  concrete bike shed... then i have my fireblade and cb in back garden Laughing . Fireblade has a race exhaust(not for road use one it was on it when i bought it) the cops in ireland havent coped on to this but they will in time sure it be penalty point issue soon. ( i wouldnt mind for an old age pensioner she  makes more noise try diy at 8am on sunday morning) ive never been reving bike up like a dick in garden just 5 mins to warm bike up and off i go. Lot be be said for having a bit of land and build your house on it.maybe when i win lotto Rolling Eyes( i would give 2  .....  about neighbours  muttley1  if i was u, do they consider u? When i was starting in work  early i push bike out of housing estate(short distance) then start up think i am going stop doing that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 18:40