Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Fastest car you've driven?

skyrider
the 900
the 900

Re: Fastest car you've driven?

Post by skyrider on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 7:43 pm

@jchesshyre wrote:Sadly the fastest car I've ever driven is probably a 1.8L Ford Focus Zetec Embarassed 

I'd be interested to know how something like a Mercedes C63 AMG that has roughly equivalent 0-60 performance to the CB500 (but obviously is a lot quicker after that) compares for fun/thrills/overall-quickness-on-the-road in the real world. I imagine you *feel* the acceleration more because you have a seat behind you and because you're in nearly two tonnes of metal, and I imagine on motorways and fast dual-carriageways you'd feel like you had way more power at your command, but on a winding B-road or small A-road I'd be interested to know how the experiences and abilities compare.

Not wanting to start a bike vs car debate but hopefully this being a bike forum that won't happen ; )
nothing wrong with a ford focus
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 8:47 pm

Bit unfair to compare a merc AmG to a cb 500!, now my old 96 fireblade has 918cc engine with 120hp would be a bit more even test ! With at least 150 mph plus top speed,  fireblade probbably stil loose but it be close and u wont get a merc AmG for 1700 euro unlike my old fireblade  Smile
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:38 pm

I have owned my 1.0 6n2 Polo for 10 years and it is a rocket! I set the strip alight at Santa Pod with 21.9 second quarter mile at 59 mph. I bet no one can bet that.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:41 pm

that's an animal Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:15 pm