Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Honda C90 12v Engine Wanted

Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: Honda C90 12v Engine Wanted

Post by Anigai on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:58 pm

Cool stuff wornsprockets, I'll shoot you my phone number in a PM. Saturday or Sunday is perfect.
I really appreciate the gesture.

It's not like the front engine bolt will be a problem for me, I still don't have one just yet.
The CB's off the road until i find out if it really has been written off by my insurance company for no reason.

I'm hoping now the bar's will be easy to strap onto my back or somewhere on the Suzuki! Smile
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:32 am

The guy anigai, that has brackets for engine crash bars, hes on adverts, his name is wardy in blanchardstown, those brakets are on the frame of cb he has broken i think, he has frame and log book also so u mite get that cheap also
 If your bike cant be put back on road. But this guy u be a while for a reply from him Rolling Eyes
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:25 am

@Anigai wrote:...something up to the task of doing a minimum of 200 miles a day for up to a year

Now, that's one monumental task there.

Reading along. I'm in the (slow!) process of completely overhauling and rebuilding a 6V short-stroke ST50 and put a sensible 1973-vintage-style plate on it. Engine has been thoroughly machine-polished and upgraded to 70cc, has been given a lightweight flywheel/12V/CDI combo to replace the knackered 6V contactor/condenser stuff and is basically ready to put on the shelf. Frame will get a show-pony paintjob and then I'll be ready to go to our local auto/bike-jumble taking place each tuesday during summer.
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:40 am

@wornsprockets I can't find him on adverts, are you sure it's still up? In the end I'll probably end up making them myself if I can't pick them up handy enough.

@stormbringer sounds sweet, I'd love to see the pictures when she's done.

There's a few Honda 50 run's around Ireland during the year, I'm thinking that these will be my ticket to picking up a well looked after C90 if I'm lucky.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 12:59 pm

No hes gone, i think i have his number, hes not best to back to, u better ring him. I see if i have his number its not on my phone
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 1:01 pm

No hes gone, i think i have his number, hes not best to back to, u better ring him. I see if i have his number its not on my phone. I have it written down some where scratch
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 1:22 pm

u be better to ring. Hes not best replying to texts, he lives near blanch shopping centre, wardy69er or somthing like that his user name on adverts

Last edited by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 6:16 pm

Do the guy a favour & remove his number from a public post.  Much safer in a PM.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm

@Anigai wrote:@stormbringer sounds sweet, I'd love to see the pictures when she's done.

Have a look at this Google+ page. Hundreds of photos of the process...

If the link doesn't work, try googling for 'fønix projektet - Dax' and your first hit should be that site.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm

Sorry my mistake Neutral
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 10:45 am

Again thanks for that wornsprokets.