Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Honda C90 12v Engine Wanted

Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Honda C90 12v Engine Wanted

Post by Anigai on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 12:43 am

It's a fat chance but I'm looking for a 12v Honda C90 engine.

In about a year I'll be taking a C90 with a rebuilt engine accross from Ireland to Japan and maybe circle navigate the world on one (certainly not in a straight line).

So I have to get a home base sorted out, I'd like to have 2 rebuilt engines with 1 engine I'll be doing when I get the bike but I need a spare engine that I can leave at home in a box ready to have an address slapped on to wherever I could possibly be.

As long as the engine was running and isn't corroded it should be fine as it's going to be a 100% conprehensive rebuild anyhow.

Cheers guys.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Honda C90 12v Engine Wanted

Post by ashcroc on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 6:27 am

I assume you've seen this one on the bay
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 7:15 am

Well spotted Ashcroc, I must have missed that one.

i just hope he'll ship it to Ireland, it looks like an electric start model which would make things interesting.
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 8:44 am

The seller just got back to me saying he won't ship it to Ireland, the engine wasn't in the best of nick but I'll be using an entirely new top end OEM or Japanese only parts so it wouldn't have mattered.

The search continues.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 9:30 am

There's a lot of that on ebay. Why people won't ship to Ireland, North or South, when the buyer is paying anyway. It's very annoying. Not as if it's to the presidents brother in Nigeria or somewhere.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 10:04 am

U get  one some where in ireland anigai,  did you try first choice breakers in wicklow. U get one here  if you keep looking put an ad up on donedeal and adverts.ie you get one
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

Beresford wrote:There's a lot of that on ebay. Why people won't ship to Ireland, North or South, when the buyer is paying anyway. It's very annoying. Not as if it's to the presidents brother in Nigeria or somewhere.

I once got offered a few million Canadian dollars in an e-mail from the Prince of Nigeria, I always wondered if anyone ever falls of them.

[quote="wornsprockets"]U get  one some where in ireland anigai,  did you try first choice breakers in wicklow. U get one here  if you keep looking put an ad up on donedeal and adverts.ie you get one[quote]

I'll have to look into that breakers, Cityspares is the only breakers I actually know about apart from a guy living near Dublin airport.

Good idea though, I'll throw an ad up on those sites and see if i can anything up.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 28 Feb 2016, 10:23 pm

Try Traynors in Armagh. They are reputed to be the biggest car and bike breaker in the British isles. They have a website for contact details. Also useful is that they will deliver to established businesses in the south as well I believe.
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 1:31 am

Cheers for all the options guys. I'll try First Choice breakers and Traynors tomorrow, with any luck they'll have something up to the task of doing a minimum of 200 miles a day for up to a year once it gets rebuilt of course.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:20 am

Theres an other breaker near you anigai, santry motorcycles think it was, he use to be part of cityspares at one time he was near back of the airport . Type in irish bike breakers he mite come up if he hasnt closed for good Rolling Eyes like a lot of bike shops here
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 6:36 am

wornsprokets wrote:Theres an other breaker near you anigai, santry motorcycles think it was, he use to be part of cityspares at one time he was near back of the airport . Type in irish bike breakers he mite come up if he hasnt closed for good Rolling Eyes like a lot of bike shops here

Yes i know the guy, his name is Huey and he's the past owner of spares back in the 90's.
I was told that he's basically got a garden full of bikes in various conditions left out in the weather.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:43 am

Anigai wrote:

wornsprokets wrote:Theres an other breaker near you anigai, santry motorcycles think it was, he use to be part of cityspares at one time he was near back of the airport . Type in irish bike breakers he mite come up if he hasnt closed for good :roll: like a lot of bike shops here

Yes i know the guy, his name is Huey and he's the past owner of spares back in the 90's.
I was told that he's basically got a garden full of bikes in various conditions left out in the weather.

Sounds like a visit to his garden could be an interesting day out!
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 1:25 am

Sure pop over across the pond, a club day out crawling over rusty bikes to get to the CB in the back sounds like a lot of fun with a load of people.

We can knock on his door in a group of 20 and start asking to look around his property, he'd love that lol.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 5:01 am

If the original seller will not ship the engine to Ireland would it be possible for you to arrange collection by a courier instead?
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 5:41 am

trophydave wrote:If the original seller will not ship the engine to Ireland would it be possible for you to arrange collection by a courier instead?

That's probably true alright but a C90 engines value should mean that I am supposed to be able to get one cheap enough but I'd say factoring in the cost of a courier pickup and delivery to me here would be pricy.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 6:22 am

eternally_troubled wrote:

Anigai wrote:

wornsprokets wrote:Theres an other breaker near you anigai, santry motorcycles think it was, he use to be part of cityspares at one time he was near back of the airport . Type in irish bike breakers he mite come up if he hasnt closed for good Rolling Eyes like a lot of bike shops here

Sounds like a visit to his garden could be an interesting day out!
that is my idea of a good day trip
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 6:29 am

I love bike breakers to be like the usa , fields of old bikes , u could spend your day looking around them, it would be good day out too. Never happen here now breakers where you can go around  to bikes and take off parts you need, health & safety lot to answer for Twisted Evil,  its over counter job now
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 8:24 am

There are still a few of the old style ones about but these days with EU recycling targets & internet shopping it's getting more & more a case of the cars/bikes being stripped so the parts can sit on a shelf.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 8:49 am

I still think the old way was best going into a  big shed and rooting around for bits for your bike the new way just aint the same Crying or Very sad
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:58 am

I've read stories about an old breakers here in Dublin during the 90's.

You went into the shop and climbed and jumped accross to whatever vaguely looked like the bike you wantparts from then use your own tools to get the part.

On your way out the door (after paying) onto the middle of the street you had to be careful to avoid the couriers working on their CB250's on the path.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:35 am

When cityspares was in francis street it was like that, and mountjoy motorcycles, good times...
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:06 am

wornsprokets wrote:When cityspares was in francis street it was like that, and mountjoy motorcycles, good times...

Spares was exactly what i was referring to there Smile
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:31 am

Oh ok, when u want ur engine crash bars!
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:04 am

Hows this weekend sound?

Do you think they'll fit on the bike handy enough?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:43 am

Yeah they wil, my engine front mounting bolt is seized in solid so i be weary trying to get that out, i think engine mountings look weak so... rather leave it as it is. Its rear fixing brackets are missing but i know who has them. U can stil use them even with out brackets missing because bars stil have two fixing points either side. This weekend either sat or sunday i am near swords so let me know, if engine bars were junk i throw them away, there not a sanding down and respray they be good as new. I dont know make of them but there heavy solid bars

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 7:40 am