Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Western Sahara via Morocco & Spain on a CB500 for £980.00(VIDEO)

RodYork
Godly
Godly

Re: Western Sahara via Morocco & Spain on a CB500 for £980.00(VIDEO)

Post by RodYork on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm

@sullivj wrote:Ooh, episode 7 is up too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BriD-Z4gXKA

I wonder how the new clutch got so quickly wrecked.

I really don't know why it happened!...in Ep 1 you see him preparing for the trip & he is changing his clutch (genuine)...I assume it may have been installed incorrectly?...but it did get him to Portsmouth & all the way through Spain!??
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:53 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:Was watching rods other journery with sniper is that guy for real reubix cube and all Laughing

He is an odd character....BUT he has a CB500...so cant be that odd!
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm

@Llewelyn1965 wrote:Really enjoying these vids Rod. :-)

I'd imagine we are of similar age Llewelyn- Thanks!
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 8:06 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:I watched your last adventure trip at weekend in one sitting Very Happy, i taught it was hilarious in  a good way especially sniper,  no matter what you do your videos  there always people who knock things people do, but you  shown anyone can do an adventure at cheap price on an old commuter bike, keep up great work rob, ive subscribed Smile

Mr Worn!
Thank you for subscribing...the aim is just that(showing if we can do it; then anyone can).
I have mentioned the terrible news on here that John(el snipero!) has his bike in bits in my garage at the moment.
the obvious good news is that the bike made it ...so you can sleep easily tonight...the prowess of the mighty CB500 remains untarnished!

Joking apart...the bikes (when serviced!!!) are fantastic.  In 1 scene later on, we attempt to park our bikes in a room that we are staying in....The CB500 was much narrower than the other bikes & John just breezed in through the front door...parked up and took a shower....(alright...I made the shower bit up!...but the rest is true).  Great bikes!
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:34 pm

OK people...I know that some have subscribed...but for the sake of those that have not (its free!!)
here are a few episodes... JamesHam...I was hoping you might return back with your youtube account.
(p.s Im in Harrogate Monday..collecting a bike for a friend!)

RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm

Episode 07
SullivJ....and anyone else...if you feel the urge...PLEASE do post up the episodes...Im running around like a fool!...I just ask you give 24 hrs from the latest one...before posting...it might inspire others to subscribe...my only goal ( cheap I know!)

Regards
rod
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm

Where did you go Rod? Working on the hour long special I hope?!
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 10:33 pm

Yes  i could do with an other episode Cool
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 9:57 am

Hi SullivJ & others!!...I hadn't forgotten to post up the next instalment; I'd realised that the content was not exciting people enough to reply/comment & so took a view on it!
The film has taken 07 months to edit (full time) & has taken its toll on me!
I am behind/lacking in my day to day business (including the very website Shaw2Shore.co.uk); which I planned to coincide with the release of the film.
A number of posters expressed concern that the episodes are not long enough. (I have tried to establish the credibility of the advice offered..  but to date without any success)
they may or may not have a point...I was simply following a reasoned/proven time frame..I have obviously a lot to learn!

There are 24 episodes in total...the plan was to release & then show outtakes/cockups/routes etc..im not sure now that people want to wait; So I have stood back for a while to re-evaluate,
while people subscribe/comment etc (which allows me to get my life back in order etc!!)..
..im just not sure at the moment what to do with the film..but I don't think Youtube is necessarily now the place to post up in its entirety.(certainly not the outtakes!!!)
Im on here most days-( and do reply!)I welcome any thoughts/direction..Its the adventure that keeps on rolling!...

Regards
rod
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:28 am

I think your doing a great job on episodes rob, there always very witty with your comentary,  i like episodes to be longer like your other trip wil sniper. Some people have short attention spans 5 mins could be right amount. Maybe contact "bike "magazine in uk. See if they do a story of your trip with sniper. That get you more coverage and more people watch your stuff on you tube as they seen parts of it in magazine
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:13 am

@wornsprokets wrote:I think your doing a great job on episodes rob, there always very witty with your comentary,  i like episodes to be longer like your other trip wil sniper. Some people have short attention spans 5 mins could be right amount. Maybe contact "bike "magazine in uk. See if they do a story of your trip with sniper. That get you more coverage and more people watch your stuff on you tube as they seen parts of it in magazine

Thanks...WornSprkets..contacting magazines is a good idea..this is turning into a mammoth job....a new adventure!
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 6:45 pm

Rod, I was concerned that you were sitting there thinking "you ungrateful bastards"!!

In my desperation to find out what happened to ration pack Dave. I'd be happy to pay a tenner for the remaining episodes.. Is that possible that you could charge for content?
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:33 pm

SullivJ- thanks for your comment..I've been toiling away on a change of website to accompany the film.
You have a PM; but I hope to release here soon for freeee!
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:59 pm

Hey Rod, I too was feeling the same as Sully. I have really enjoyed your footage and appreciate your efforts and especially the content. I can empathise with all the viewers who are saying 'too slow', 'Too short', 'too.........blah, blah'. From my point of view, you have a gripping content and we all want more of it and more often. I am thinking...don't take it all as a criticism, but more of a 'I love this stuff and I want more and more often'!!!.....FEED MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Keep up the hard work and the entertaining commentaries to the fantastic footage!!! :-)
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 11:59 pm

I have to agree, ive been watching first series, quite few time already. I think one of the bike mags will snap up the story of first series, 3 eyes 2 bikes and one passport. I think lot of bike mags are stuck for  good stories. and ex riding school cb travelling the world
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 6:50 am

It's now possible to pre-order a DVD of the whole trip on Rods new site:

http://shaw2shore.co.uk/buy-dvd/

It's only a tenner.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:55 pm

Next episode up on you tube of rods adventure in desert. And falls from sniper and noodle neck in desert, very gud episode. Very Happy
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:16 pm

I pre ordered the DVD, amd Rod very kindly sent me all of the episodes.

Sad to read noodle neck has been injured in the past few days - hope he's OK.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm

Noodle neck get injured in uk?
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 6:11 am

@wornsprokets wrote:Noodle neck get injured in uk?

The website says:

LATEST INFO >>>MAN DOWN!!!!(noodleneck injured 17/04/2016)…more details to follow
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

which one's noodle neck?? scratch
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 6:43 pm

The one with a thin neck!
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 7:17 pm

Olly (Noodleneck) taking a trip to heaven...judging by the angel helping him!
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Sat 11 Jun 2016, 8:04 am

STOP PRESS>>>STOP PRESS!!!

ever wanted to see Sniper in the flesh? Mad
ever wanted to coax him into speaking and gaining those all important & invaluable  "prepping your CB500 for Western Sahara" tips?? Wink

...well now's your chance!!!

I don't know the collective noun for a group of travellers beyond "twats"...but they will all be together...even Olly (with leg in pot!)... details here  

If you have never been to this event..I would highly recommend it...its how I met one of the "twats"

Regards
Rod

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 6:27 am