Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Western Sahara via Morocco & Spain on a CB500 for £980.00(VIDEO)

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Western Sahara via Morocco & Spain on a CB500 for £980.00(VIDEO)

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 6:36 pm

I don't recall any adverts on the last adventure with 10min episodes now with them half as long and twice as many people just fees like we are missing out - but then it's only just beginning.

That said please don't take it negatively as it's quite easy for us to be critical yet considering all the untold effort and expense in producing the videos I'm just glad they even exist at all and that I get to watch them Very Happy

Dan
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:27 pm

Ok the team, led by Durham Dave, hunt for one of Spains White Elephants & catch their quarry.
Noodleneck even pulls a bird!
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:57 pm

Really enjoying these vids Rod. :-)

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 7:41 am

@Llewelyn1965 wrote:Really enjoying these vids Rod. :-)

Me too. What a weird place that airport is - £7k....!
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 9:37 am

Good video a nice return to the feel of the last adventure.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:31 pm

For those following the adventure, episode 5 is now up here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tznw0rU1qjE

That split lip looked painful Rod!
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:18 pm

at first glance I thought you were referring to the emotional split of riders lol Smile
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:49 pm

Was watching rods other journery with sniper is that guy for real reubix cube and all Laughing

Last edited by wornsprokets on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 12:22 am

@sullivj wrote:For those following the adventure, episode 5 is now up here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tznw0rU1qjE

That split lip looked painful Rod!

Sullivj...thank you very much for posting the episode up...it meant I could get on with other bits!...really appreciated....
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 12:39 am

Sorry I have not responded to your comments sooner...I contacted James Hambleton via PM, (directly after his last post on this topic) to ask  his advice on filmmaking for certain mediums- but I have yet to receive a reply- James, if you do get a chance to reply- that would be both courteous & helpful, allowing me to reply accurately to yours & others concerns ...Jerryfudd...Thank You!(passed onto John today on receipt!)

All comments welcome...I'm eager to find out what you like & do not like.(please try to justify)..its the only way I can give what you want...

regards
Rod
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 8:34 am

Rod I sent you a reply on Sat 05 Mar although it was at 3 ish in the morning
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 10:10 am

@RodYork wrote:Jerryfudd...Thank You!(passed onto John today on receipt!)

no problem, would be good to get a pic up if time permits
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 1:35 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:

@RodYork wrote:Jerryfudd...Thank You!(passed onto John today on receipt!)

no problem, would be good to get a pic up if time permits

thanks James...I have your PM..and have replied
JF(Dan)- his bike is in bits...I can get a shot of "our man" holding "the goods" or if you can set up a poll (!!)- we could get suggestions asto where to place them... Evil or Very Mad
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

a very ominous comment... did the Sahara take its toll on the mighty CB lol

on the assumption it will return to one piece the sticker can christen the occasion Smile
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 4:50 pm

Ok people!

Regarding the brevity of the film episodes... ( I'm awaiting James last post after explaining his uploading prowess which is more considerable than mine!)...but here are some of my reasons

The film was shot over 30 days- with at least 2 full hours of footage being taken, every day through 6 cameras ( inc a quad/drone)- there is enough footage to rival war & fking peace!...as I found out when attempting to marry footage of events together from different perspectives, taken as the same time ( a classic being when Olly gets pulled over by the Police in Salamanca)...you can see Daves footage & it finishes on mine as I burst out laughing)
 Its always a struggle deciding what to keep in & what to bin, yet keeping the story flowing & leading onto the next sequence.
 The "campfire" by the lake was a classic example... I really wanted to put in more on each persons personality, but when does it get boring for you the viewer??...perhaps I made a mistake in giving just a whiff of what happened...I have all the footage...so it's not lost...I still have options to satisfy your desires!..but ultimately; I chose the higher end of a format (time wise)acknowledged as best for youtube. ( There are exceptions obviously...but the longer films tend to have higher subscriber numbers)..my view to subscription and watch time through to the end works.
  Its just getting the right balance...maybe I have not achieved it this time...I don't know fully yet & wont know until the end.

Riding V chatting bits- there again is another bone of contention....and don't even start with the "I wanted to hear the engine sounds of each particular bike"!!!- which I have observed being debated with other peoples videos...sweet mother of God!
 My aim (docustory) was to tell a story and include history & settings not normally seen/recorded- this is where the extensive research took place- again...I have had to be savage with the editing of venues...we visited more than the film shows..but I kept asking myself...does it add anything...if it didn't enhance the story & keep you interested...I chose not to use it- but still have it...
swearing etc I attempted to keep it to a minimum...not because it offends me...it doesn't, but I really have no desire to offend others....would you be offended by swearing ...I don't know, but it was the cause for some funny scenes to be cut, simply because the audio channel would have been filled with the censor beep...there are options always here...but not really on youtube.
 "its getting more like your last film...I liked that"  I will answer it here -
 the AIM of the film is to show that anyone can do this type of trip...and probably could do it a lot more successfully!!...but by showing the highs & the lows- then you get a good balanced overview...Im providing a few historical bones, along with other bits I thought might inspire you & make a trip you do a little easier.
 The last film (3 eyes, 2 bikes, 1 passport) was narrated and shot & edited by myself, with John(sniper) helping with the technical bits.
 I was left to my own devices to tell a story of initial annoyance that the person I was travelling with had refused on the ferry to speak to camera(despite a clear promise beforehand)...I subsequently had to fill voids, with either extended historical content or dry/tongue in cheek musings from a warped mind...But "sniper"..the character set sail from that...and when he did "speak to camera"(foot run over incident)...that for me was excellent...this was the Epithany...the birth...I had achieved my aim....THIS time...John does speak a bit more, although the film has moved away from Me & John...its about the others....so it will have elements similar to the last film...but to repeat strictly the same format would be worthless ... I needed to approach this from a slightly different angle, yet still have an air of familiarity to it...I hope I achieve this & hope you understand.
 Finally..Im still running an e-media business/training bikers/raising a family...while doing these films for our collective entertainment...PLEASE do not think that because I have not comeback to you, Im ignoring you...Im not (well I might be Smile )
 Im racing around like a fool at the moment, sorting vids, designing sites (the new shaw2shore.co.uk is an example!!!), posting long soliloquys etc....My reward is feedback/comments/subscriptions...that's it.( I don't even know how many are subscribers from here)
 If you have got this far...give yourself a pat on the back!...but do come back to me please, with your musings, (justified/fact driven of course)

Regards

Rod

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 6:24 pm

Rod,

For me, part of the enjoyment in the films, is getting to know you a little better each time. Your comments above, give me yet another insight into your character, and for that I am grateful. This might sound like I'm taking the p!ss - I'm not.

Personally, I too liked the duration of the previous episodes, and after seeing the first one, set time aside to watch the remainder back to back, with a nice warm cup of tea and a few biscuits (before the factory flooded!). With the shorter episodes, I find myself thinking that they're almost over before they begin, but then leaving me wanting more is a good thing I guess. But I don't want to get hung up on the duration of the episodes. I understand your reasoning, and if they were all available now, I'd just watch them back to back!

When people criticise your format or content, I really hope that you're not sitting there thinking "you ungrateful b@stards"! I hope you see it as constructive.

I like to see a bit of the bikes, but personally, the location shots and comments from you and the guys, interests me more - it feels like I am along for the ride - albeit remotely, if I get to see some of the banter. If that involves a bit of swearing, it doesn't bother me.

Where I do like to see the bikes, is when things get a bit tough, like some riding off road, or plugging through sand. Situations where you wouldn't normally find a CB500.

I know I'm not alone in my enjoyment of following your journey. I am grateful for the massive amount of time you must be spending stitching it all together.
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm

Sullivj...I also would like to keep the length of the episodes to beyond a cigarette paper; which in hindsight...I now believe, that is what they have become....But I am here..on a 05 min Youtube "hope you get inspired"..follow me scenario...one which I must follow...some will take the OBVIOUS hint to subscribe...some will not...I cant force it...Im facing major TV companies & I fully expect to get the "blanking" I am getting for offering it all for free.....( who would think a mere human might dare to tell the truth that ANYONE CAN DO THIS)...
Sullliv...part of me wants to meet you...but the other part..wants me  to keep you as a dream that we have a similar desire...we are all amateurs having a go at life...it's just that some CNUTS video it..we are all open to criticism & praise...hopefully in relatively equal measures; given the task.

Sulliv..anything you say ( go through him people if you are concerned )- will be welcomed. Sullivj...just to be clear..we have never met & spoken...personally?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:44 pm

I watched your last adventure trip at weekend in one sitting Very Happy, i taught it was hilarious in  a good way especially sniper,  no matter what you do your videos  there always people who knock things people do, but you  shown anyone can do an adventure at cheap price on an old commuter bike, keep up great work rob, ive subscribed Smile

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm

No, we've never met or spoken personally Rod. 

We do have a similar desire for adventure. I would have liked to join this one, but mortgage, work, family blah, blah, blah gets in the way..
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm

have an episode!...Sullivj!...lets see whom else has taken the trouble.....
I'm genuinely interested,....
call to colours

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 5:06 pm

Another great episode. That Pan Euro looks heavy! 

I don't know how 'Mr Ration pack' can resist the smell of real cooking! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4lB3GCZAuNA

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 5:15 pm

Ooh, episode 7 is up too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BriD-Z4gXKA

I wonder how the new clutch got so quickly wrecked.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:17 pm

Sounds like mr ration packs   a pain in b---s , telling others how to ride Rolling Eyes
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm

@sullivj wrote:Another great episode. That Pan Euro looks heavy! 

I don't know how 'Mr Ration pack' can resist the smell of real cooking! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4lB3GCZAuNA

Olly & I usually did the cooking for the group, ( fresh produce purchased each day) but it was a bit awkward at times when Dave was eating the same ration packs...BUT he stuck to it!

"Mex tex" as he called it nearly every day!
RodYork
Godly
Godly

Post by RodYork on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:48 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:Sounds like mr ration packs   a pain in b---s , telling others how to ride Rolling Eyes

Dave did have a point a few times...Olly kept shooting off, but on the boat "talking to" scene- Dave had just lost us all & we met at the port to be "hustled" by ticket touts..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:04 pm