Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Fork seals and an MOT

jasoncooknorthlondon
Squiddy
Squiddy

Fork seals and an MOT

Post by jasoncooknorthlondon on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:13 pm

Dear all.

Can anyone out there recommend a good mechanic/MOT place in London (north of the river if poss). I have used Essential Rubber (both locations) for MOT and work I did not want to take on myself. Mick seemed a top bloke and so it was sad to see that he has chosen to pack it in. Read somewhere that his landlord wanted to sell the building he was working out it in Bow.

Anyway the old CBF needs fork seals and an MOT shortly so any suggestions of somewhere that will not rip me off.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Jason
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Re: Fork seals and an MOT

Post by geewhizz on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm

I've used burwins in islington and have been very happy to deal with them, one of the mechanics there has a cb and they're easy to talk to, i go there for my mots. I've also used LC motorbikes in Mile End, it was local to me at the time, they appear to mainly deal with scooters and its a spit and sawdust sort of place but I got on really well with them and they always gave me a really good price on getting work done, sometimes they'd do things for free or would offer to receive payment in beers, which was nice. LC didn't do mots the last time I was there however
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 8:30 pm

I can recommend Dave Goddards near Heathrow airport. He is one of the good old guys who raced bikes for years and still races sidecars aged 70 something. I take my cb and the mrs XL 650 there when I don't want to do certain work. It's a sit down and have a cup of tea sort of place. He does MOT's and pretty much anything else.

jasoncooknorthlondon
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by jasoncooknorthlondon on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:23 am

Many thanks guys. The place near the airport is not too far from the office so will give that a go. Can't beat a an old school sit down and have a cuppa place!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:24 pm