Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Locating Alarm

Invisible_Man
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Locating Alarm

Post by Invisible_Man on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:27 am

Hi,
Just bought a 2 wire Hawk C1 for the CB. I wasn't interested in flashy indicators or an imobilser. I just want it to make a noise and hopefully wake me up if some scrote decides I should no longer be the owner.

I thought about poisitoning it in the storage box but that's currently full of useful odds and ends. I also thought about using the space in the tail but was worried it'd fill with water.

Any other ideas?

Shaun.
Jameshambleton

Re: Locating Alarm

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 11:03 am

If I ever get one I'd personally hide it below the tank, hard to get to but easy enough to not muffle the sound. 

The space in the tail should never fill with water but it is easily accessible.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:34 pm

@Invisible_Man wrote:Hi,
Just bought a 2 wire Hawk C1 for the CB. I wasn't interested in flashy indicators or an imobilser. I just want it to make a noise and hopefully wake me up if some scrote decides I should no longer be the owner.

I thought about poisitoning it in the storage box but that's currently full of useful odds and ends. I also thought about using the space in the tail but was worried it'd fill with water.

Any other ideas?

Shaun.

I'm guessing this is the alarm you've bought:

http://www.hawkcaralarm.com/EasyFitMotorcycleScooterTrikeQuadAlarm.aspx

As mentioned the tail is not the most secure place, however it is easy, so I would go for that.

To be honest those kind of tilt/movement alarms are the kind that I would go for - I wouldn't want an immobiliser either - too much chance of it stopping you using the bike and/or draining the battery.

You might have to extend the wires to put it in the tail but that shouldn't be too difficult.

If someone really wants to steal it they won't be put off by the alarm, so it doesn't matter where you put it too much...
Invisible_Man
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Invisible_Man on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 1:11 pm

Hi,
Yep that's the one! Seems fairly decent for £12! Also comes with a stick on LED which could be ideal for covering up the crack in my side panel Smile

Yep my thoughts exactly. The alarms more to wake me up/ alert me than as a deterant. Its parked on the drive next to my lads bedroom window and it'd have to be walked/ carried past mine too....living in a bungalow so even more chance to alert me.

If they want it it'll be lifted into a van alarm blaring and bike immobiliser ready to be sorted elsewhere so anything but a an alarm seems superflous. I also can't bring myself to cut into the CB's wiring.....seems sacrilige somehow!

Tail it is then! 

Thanks guys,
Shaun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 1:43 pm