Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Broken Down

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: Broken Down

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 7:33 pm

Well there very bad regulator rectifiers ones with out the fins, i didnt think it was your stator. So u went to cityspares? I got the tourmax regulator rectifier from them.
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 9:50 pm

I'd love to go full circle and get the tourmax from spares but Jameshambelton offered me a deal I can't refuse.

-A left hanger.
-Newish stator.
-Newish R/R.
&
-Sidestand springs (My sidestand hangs down just under halfway and on very large bumps it can flick the light on for a split second and you can imagine those results.)

I have a week off now starting the 7th of march so I've decided to get in a practice run on the gn250 to the wesk of Ireland.
I was in Kilorglin in Kerry last year and i loved it so i figure i'll go back.

The practice run is for when in around a years time I'll be driving a Honda C90 to at least Japan and very likely circle navigate the world back here but definitely not in a straight line and with plenty of detours the whole way.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:31 pm

I was doing  610 miles a week for about 4 months last year, the cb have no probs touring if you took it to kerry . Travelling the world (living the dream) i do it on cb, but i guess c90 never stop. Have look at nick sanders on you tube he travelled the world in record time on a 04 r1, i met him at bike show good few years back and his  r1
Anigai
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Anigai on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:39 pm

I've had my heart set on the C90 for the trip when i started planning it at 16, I'm 23 now.

I'm sure the CB would have no problem doing it but it would be much more expensive and way too fast for it. With the C90 fully loaded for touring I'll just potter along at 30mph, it's not fast but that's not what it's about.

it's about seeing everything and doing it cheap. C90 parts are everywhere too and if God forbid the engine I'm going to rebuild for it craps out then no problem there are lots of engines floating around and a cheap chinese pit bike engine in a 1 hour job would do me fine until I had my back Japanese rebuilt engine shipped to me wherever i am.
If something does go on the rare occasion it's cheap, quick and easy to fix.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 2:02 pm