Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

K&n airfilter?

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

K&n airfilter?

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:35 pm

Just wondering has anyone a k&n airfilter in the cb, does it make a difference performance wise, my 97 fireblade was dynojetted and had k&n airfilter , but i didnt keep it long ,and had not  a chance to fully test it as i had it only four weeks,  my 96 fireblade was as it came from factory, it was definately faster from the dyno jetting(97 blade) but according from people on a fireblade forum k&n airfilter did not give any gains, and let debris in unlike standard one?   Not my opinion theres Rolling Eyes on  that forum.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: K&n airfilter?

Post by ashcroc on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:48 pm

I'm currently running one  mainly for the 'never needs replacing' aspect & it was in a job lot of parts.
Can't say i noticed any difference but a hi-flo filter came out so it's not surprising.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 10:12 pm

Don't forget the CX dodge if you are getting a K&N. The CX on ebay cheapest price £29.10 and the CB cheapest price £44.39.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 10:26 pm

I've got a k&n in mine for the never needs replacing aspect too but I've never ridden mine on the road with the stock one..  then again I've also got restrictor washers fitted too so... I've not no idea really. 
My bike runs better without the baffle but none of my info is really any good to you because of my restrictors.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 6:40 am

I've got one too - had it installed when my CB got its initial setup done by local bike magician. When buying a used bike you inherit whatever mods and bodges the previous owners applied to the bike over time, and I didn't want that. Alas, a visit to FVmotor for a carb clean + rejetting + dyno-check took the bike back to its intended 50 bhp where the rubber meets the road. Expensive, but also strangely reassuring. I now have a good known reference point from which I can then experiment if I want to.

The K&N filter is simply there for its low maintenance requirements. Whether or not it is part of acquiring 50 bhp on the rear wheel is unknown.
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 4:42 pm

I recently adjusted the carbs in my CB by lifting the jet needles by one shim and going up one size of main jet. I have a Fuel exhaust.

Before I made this change to the carbs, I never really felt any difference with a K&N air filter – if anything it seemed to slightly stifle the top end of the revs but I may have imagined that.

However, since adjusting the carbs, when I then swapped my stock air filter for a K&N one it made really quite a major difference especially at full throttle.

So I'd say do it if you like the lower maintenance, and if you're richening the carb mixture and using a freer flowing exhaust than stock then *definitely* do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 5:58 am