Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Result for low priced Motad exhaust

liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Result for low priced Motad exhaust

Post by liverpool_f_ on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:24 pm

Just thought some people on here would be interested to know that I picked up a brand new  pair of Motad down pipes for £93 delivered. Thats almost half the price from most sellers. Motad list their own exhausts on ebay sometimes under the name motad1 but they don't use the words "Motad" or "exhaust" in their ebay titles so they don't show up in peoples searches. I know I missed out on them before in my searches. I was the only bidder so won for £79 + postage. Also they had an end can and a full system that didn't sell so I guess no one is finding them.

The listing was titled;

Honda CB500 R-Y2 Downpipes and Collector

Worth a look because I think that price is probably closer to what they go for second hand rather than new.

Any suggestions as to what can I should put on there now?
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Result for low priced Motad exhaust

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:27 pm

good price, big saving over what I paid for mine..... in my opinion I love my Beowulf one (if you can get one) and Delkevic would be my 2nd choice but I'd imagine most people would say Fuel one.

Dan
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:38 pm

Wow, thanks for this. Very good. I will soon be in need of some new downpipes so will definitely keep a look out. A set of those on wemoto.com is £167 including postage!
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:14 am

£167 would have gotten you the full system with end can on another one of their auctions. Well worth it if you want an OE style replacement. I decided I wanted to keep my options open for more belligerent exhausts!
Navymike
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Navymike on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:24 am

Thanks for the info just grabbed a set of downpipes for myself. like you I was the only bidder so £93 inc postage great buy especially as my LH exhaust flange has pretty much disintegrated.

Many thanks

Mike
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 1:13 pm

I was looking at stainless steel and downpipes, and exhaust for 119 on ebay blackwidow exhausts
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 4:56 pm

Be wary of those downpipes @wornsprokets. They don't have the mounting bracket just before it meets the link pipe. It might not make a difference but I prefer the belt & braces approach & these bikes do vibe a bit.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 5:54 pm

I'm not aware of blackwidow but if it helps anyone from the research I did the ones to stay away from were made by Sandy Bike Spares.

Dan
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 6:02 pm

Just had a look at the blackwidow/Sandy Bike Spares and it would appear that the link pipe has the bottom supporting bracket on that rather than on the downpipes. So the link pipe is longer than normal form the images so maybe you're only able to use their end cans depending on the diameter?
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:12 pm

Was it this listing?

If so, the mid bracket definately isn't there.  The link pipe does have a centre stand stop bracket though.

If you wan't decent stainless downpipes with all the brackets it's best to stick with Motad or Delkevic.

Last edited by ashcroc on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 8:14 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:I'm not aware of blackwidow but if it helps anyone from the research I did the ones to stay away from were made by Sandy Bike Spares.

Dan
Same company, it's just had a rebrand is all. Wink
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 7:57 am

Looks like same system ashcroc but it was up for 119 maybe it was just silencer, i was sure it was full system Rolling Eyes. Yes i heard nothing good about sandys bike spares also, convienient changed the name, thanks guys for advice  cheers i nearly bought it affraid .
geoffnorfolk
Godly
Godly

Post by geoffnorfolk on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 9:57 am

I wonder if they're old stock and just mild steel rather than stainless.......... can't see why they would be selling stuff so much cheaper on Ebay.
Celt500
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by Celt500 on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:28 pm

Latest listing has gone up to £90 + delivery, full system is up for £170.
Doesn't actually say what flavour steel it is.
Scorgie88
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Scorgie88 on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 12:25 pm

Happy to confirm this is still going. I picked up a full system for £200 today (apologies to the other bidder if you're on here). Worth keeping an eye on if you're in the market. If only Hagon did the same for shocks...
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 12:53 pm

@Scorgie88 wrote:Happy to confirm this is still going. I picked up a full system for £200 today (apologies to the other bidder if you're on here). Worth keeping an eye on if you're in the market. If only Hagon did the same for shocks...
they usually go unsold on ebay at £169.99 but it's still a lot cheaper than on their website.
Scorgie88
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Scorgie88 on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 1:44 pm

Yeah it's a shame someone else got in there. Needed it though, my current one is mostly made of rust now (not too bad for 14 years I suppose). Still a decent saving compared to wemoto.
Crash- Elmit
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Crash- Elmit on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 2:41 am

motad sell their stainless systems on ebay when they don't meet their strict quality controls.

I bought a brand new, full stainless system for £159. well cheaper than normal. I already have a full stainless system fitted but this was too good to ignore.

all it has are a couple of tiny black marks from welding on it, but they cannot be seen if fitted
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 7:08 am

@Crash- Elmit wrote:motad sell their stainless systems on ebay when they don't meet their strict quality controls.
Good to know. If the discount is purely down to cosmetics, I'd be interested.

I'm on the lookout for stainless downpipes. Could be something to have a go at while the snow is here. In Denmark it has suddenly gotten quite nippy and I have decided that this year I'll actively stay clear of any salt and snow. So when the council sends out their salt-spreader-lorries, that's it! Curfew...

Still, lots of stuff to do in the shed. Stanchion seals+oil, engine oil+filter, two new tires, cleaning the air-filter, having a beer with the neighbour and putting a few hours into my little engine rebuild project. Looking forward to quietly tinkering.
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:00 am

BallisticBrian
Godly
Godly

Post by BallisticBrian on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 2:25 pm

they don't use the words "Motad" or "exhaust" in their ebay titles so they don't show up in peoples searches. I know I missed out on them before in my searches

Well, you must have done "an exhaustive" search!!! Wink
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 9:04 pm

@BallisticBrian wrote:

they don't use the words "Motad" or "exhaust" in their ebay titles so they don't show up in peoples searches. I know I missed out on them before in my searches

Well, you must have done "an exhaustive" search!!! Wink

Well, you almost had me baffled! Laughing
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 4:52 am

Pipe down you two.
skyrider
the 900
the 900