Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

cb500 wanted more than one ideally, anything considered crashed/non runners etc

stoney!
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

cb500 wanted more than one ideally, anything considered crashed/non runners etc

Post by stoney! on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:47 am

Well in the last few months I have bought 7 cb500's with the plan of doing a European tour on them in the summer, the idea has gone down well, a little too well perhaps so now on the lookout for a few more bikes! budget is upto £1000 per bike depending on what's needed.  

We will buy anything really, one of the bikes we are taking looks like it was fished out of the sea, everything and I mean everything is rotten worst bit is it was obviously quite a clean low mileage example before it was left to rot!
ian046
Squiddy
Squiddy

Re: cb500 wanted more than one ideally, anything considered crashed/non runners etc

Post by ian046 on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 1:44 pm

I would let mine go for 1200, Just needs exhuast welding/replacing.

Bike runs bang on done 29k with new chain and sprockets.

Y reg.

Regards,

Ian.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: cb500 wanted more than one ideally, anything considered crashed/non runners etc

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 1:50 pm

@stoney! wrote:Well in the last few months I have bought 7 cb500's with the plan of doing a European tour on them in the summer, the idea has gone down well, a little too well perhaps so now on the lookout for a few more bikes! budget is upto £1000 per bike depending on what's needed.  

We will buy anything really, one of the bikes we are taking looks like it was fished out of the sea, everything and I mean everything is rotten worst bit is it was obviously quite a clean low mileage example before it was left to rot!

That's a cracking idea - I am assuming you're not planning on riding them all yourself! ;) You'll have to take a few pictures and put them on the forum.

I'd probably let my CB500 go for 600 quid if I was in the mood for selling, however I'm not, so you'll have to try someone else.  (For reference, my bike also looks like it was trawled out of the sea, apart from the stainless exhaust system)
Angieamyabbie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Angieamyabbie on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 6:32 pm

If you have a broken seat would you consider selling me the metal seat catch that bolts under the seat
stoney!
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by stoney! on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:27 pm

Im afraid I dont sorry!
cbeebies
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by cbeebies on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 4:32 pm

I have a few spare parts left and a frame and swing arm with V5 on SORN.  Im away with work at the moment but should be home around the 24th.  Everything will be going cheap!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 16 Aug 2017, 2:09 pm