Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Repairing broken fairing and side panel lugs

liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Repairing broken fairing and side panel lugs

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:23 am

I am looking to repair the snapped off lugs on my s models fairing and side panels. I have decided that the best course of action is plastex to make a mould of the lugs so I can reapply them. The only problem is that when I bought the bike both the lugs that clip into the tank were broken off the fairing and lugs on both side panels are also missing. 

So does anyone know if there is another lug somewhere on the bike that is the same shape that I can use to make my mould? Having never had them on my bike I don't know what exactly they look like. It would be a pretty neat fix if I could get all my plastics backup to scratch and lose the clattering noises my fairing makes every time I hit a bump!
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: Repairing broken fairing and side panel lugs

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:09 am

If it was naked  mine 1997 the lug same as radiator cover. Wil a pc do i send u one later close up
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:45 am

it would certainly help as a starting point. Are the lugs the same from the radiator cover and the side panels?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 1:10 pm

Yep and same lugs on my old fireblade too 1996
Davidsilverspares (tank  side panels) has them new for about 78 pounds each!,  my panels are not great either theres couple cracks in them. And rhs tank panel was missing  when i got it and i saw couple cbs that were the same.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

so does anyone know if the same lug shows up anywhere else on the bike?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 6:21 pm

No i had cb stripped down ive cb 500v, it has them on side panels at the tank and radiator covers on naked , u have faired s, not sure, i know rear fairing doesnt as its the same as mine

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 3:36 pm