Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

throttle tube

eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: throttle tube

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 12:19 pm

@geewhizz wrote:same set up pretty much, hope the ocd doesn't spoil the view

Are you doing this mod at work ? If not then you've got a lot of stuff in your garage... :)
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 9:06 am

No I did the work out in the cold fresh air, just popped the tank off at work to look at the cables. Gave me a taste of what it must be like to have a garage to work though. Proper light, places to put thing, I could still feel my fingers, it must be glorious
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:32 am

If you're looking for decent workshop space near you i can recommend oval motorcycle centre.
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:45 am

It is a good option and I considered it in the past but i take ages thinking, reading, cleaning parts and drinking tea. By the time I actually fixed my bike there, I'd probably have spent a fortune
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 6:29 pm

@geewhizz wrote:It is a good option and I considered it in the past but i take ages thinking, reading, cleaning parts and drinking tea. By the time I actually fixed my bike there, I'd probably have spent a fortune

You could always buy a cheapo gazebo - this will keep the rain off and you can add wind protection with some clear plastic sides. Won't look good in the yard/garden but can be useful.

geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Fri 26 Feb 2016, 4:18 pm

wemoto got back to me about the cable lengths, apparently there is 5mm difference somewhere in the cables between theirs and OE. I tried to find out where that 5mm was but i didn't get any details from them. Was it the 5-6mm i cut off the pull outer? - who knows.

They did say they will continue to sell the cables with the sizes they have been using as they have sold over 30 without anyone coming back to them with issues - hope this helps
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 6:11 pm

I've run into exactly the same problem as you which considering I went with the same parts isn't too surprising.

Did you trim the outer of the push or pull cable?
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 6:58 pm

I've been assuming it's the pull cable,  the one that leads towards the back of the bike before fitting to the carbs
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm

Given how the other one is so much easier to fit with the carbs left in place I figured it'd be that one. Will attack it tomorrow when it's light again.
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm

all sorted - happy?
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 11:12 pm

A couple of other things I had to do today took longer than I was expecting so only got as far as pulling the new cable off the bike before the light failed.  Finding i was out of dremel cutting discs didn't help either.
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 6:52 pm

i had the same problem, resorted to the hacksaw Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm