Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

I did it! :) *NEW BIKE*

Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Re: I did it! :) *NEW BIKE*

Post by Leiberg on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 12:56 pm

I also noticed the front end was lowered, so i fixed that also. There isnt really much to do at the 
moment, Other then waiting for better weather Razz 
The battery was almost completly flat, so i pulled it out and it is charging right now. It looks kinda
old, so maybe i just have to get a new one. 

Oh.. and i ordered new Delkevic exhaust and new indicators Smile

Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

Leiberg wrote:I also noticed the front end was lowered, so i fixed that also.
Did you ride the bike before and after ? Any handling difference ?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 1:55 pm

Dont they lower forks  tru top yoke  on race bikes to speed up front end handling? My cb didnt have cb 500 stickers on those panels think it was done on later models 00/02? That rattle u were on about could be clutch rattle disappears when clutch pulled in.?
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 3:10 pm

Beresford wrote:

Leiberg wrote:I also noticed the front end was lowered, so i fixed that also.

Did you ride the bike before and after ? Any handling difference ?

Only a short ride up and down the road. So not enough to feel anything diffrent. We do this on our dirtbikes also. Lowering makes them very "flickable" but less stable at top speed and vice versa.
Old owner told me it have been lowered before they got it, so they raised it up again. But maybe they only did it in the back as he showed me. 

The rattle sound is complety gone now. The clutch makes no sound diffrence if i pull it or not. So thats good news Smile
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 4:19 pm

I have my yokes lowered by 10mm. It suits the slightly different characteristics from stock of the Hagon progressive springs I have in. No wobbling at speed. 

My money's still on the rattle being the cam chain tensioner, especially if pulling in the clutch didn't change it. Loose valves are more of a ticking whereas the CCT is more of a rattle. When that happened to me on my last CB it came and went. I got through a good few of the tensioners, had to change them every 30,000 miles or so after I got to 60,000. I wouldn't be surprised if now that you're using the bike it doesn't come back for a while - when I got my current 2nd CB at 13,000 miles it did it a few times then stopped and hasn't done it since and I'm now at 55,000 miles. I think they can stick sometimes through lack of use, and other times develop a bit of slop in their springs. Fingers crossed yours doesn't come back. And enjoy riding it!
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 5:59 pm

Tillykke med den fine cykel Smile

How many danes are we now? Three or four of us - a Danish meet-up might be something to consider once the weather gets warmer.
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 6:15 pm

stormbringer wrote:Tillykke med den fine cykel Smile

How many danes are we now? Three or four of us - a Danish meet-up might be something to consider once the weather gets warmer.

Tak ! Smile

Yes! Lets put a meet-up together when the weather is more rider freindly Razz
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 8:24 pm

Your bike looks even better in these photos.

What was that paper/film that you were printing the decals on? Is it self adhesive?
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 9:02 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:Your bike looks even better in these photos.

What was that paper/film that you were printing the decals on? Is it self adhesive?

Thank you! Smile

Yes, its a self adhesive type foil. The "printer" is a little plotter, that cuts the decals out. You then remove the stuff around the sticker you dont need. Put some aplication tape over it, and your Decal is ready to apply Smile

I can make just about any sticker you want, as long as its a single colour (got a lot to choose from), and i have a sharp jpg or similar file to trace outlines from (in my plotter software).
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 7:05 pm

Yaay! Exhaust on its way Smile Same as indicators and a new tankpad. Cant decide on what mirros i want.. Hmmm
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 12:25 pm

Leiberg wrote:

eternally_troubled wrote:Your bike looks even better in these photos.

Thank you! :)

Yes, its a self adhesive type foil. The "printer" is a little plotter, that cuts the decals out. You then remove the stuff around the sticker you dont need. Put some aplication tape over it, and your Decal is ready to apply :)

I can make just about any sticker you want, as long as its a single colour (got a lot to choose from), and i have a sharp jpg or similar file to trace outlines from (in my plotter software).

I did think that might be some kind of cutter... do you have one of them at home or is that a work thing?

Also, I can vouch for the quality of the delkevic downpipes - it took me aaaages to file the hole on the collar to fit my bodged-up mounting stud!
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 1:13 pm

Its one i got at home. A side hobby thing Smile

I only ordered the silencer to start with. Was planning to clean up the downpipes and paint them black with heat resistant paint. We will see how that goes
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Leiberg wrote:Was planning to clean up the downpipes and paint them black with heat resistant paint. We will see how that goes

Did that yesteryear. Expect VHT paint to last one to two seasons. I've got a set of stainless downpipes on my wishlist to improve looks AND reduce maintenance.

Your Delkevic can - is that an e-marked one?
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 2:00 pm

I dont know about e-marked, it only says Road Legal. With removable baffle/DBkiller

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=606_807_808_814&product_id=7011
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:07 pm

Leiberg wrote:I dont know about e-marked, it only says Road Legal. With removable baffle/DBkiller

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=606_807_808_814&product_id=7011
Have a look at your OE can - there's a small e4 stamping somewhere. And on your steering column you will find a plate stating the can & carb types too.
Without the proper e-marking your can is not legal. Luckily, danish plods don't seem to mind much - assuming you leave in the baffle, that is.

Taking your bike abroad to eg. Germany is not recommended, though. Rumour has it the Polizei cracks down on noise-offenders! This means the only people allowed to ride german roads with a road legal can is brits - seeing that "Road legal" is a british standard...

Oh well.

I'm in the same boat as you, sporting a Fuel can - road legal and all. Would I change back to OE? No. To have my can, they'll need to pry it from my cold, dead hands - it's that good! Your Delkevic will probably be just as nice a surprise to you Smile By all means, report back once you get it installed.
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm

I will try and make a short video with before/after sound Smile
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:30 am

Look what the mailman had for me today Very Happy Ohhhh soooo shiny Razz 

Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 9:31 am

I'm VERY impressed with the quality so far. The welds looks super sharp, and it feels like quality! And light!
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:42 am

Before, and after Smile Need to do something about those downpipes!! 

Last edited by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:46 am

And it sounds amazing aswell! Deep rumble at idle, and angry as hell when getting some rpm! Very Happy I love it already!
And it feels /Sounds like its more "snappy" when you jab the throttle at lower rpm.With the old can, it sometimes hesitated a bit, but that is completely gone now.
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:40 pm

Had a little testride today. I had to go get a fresh "MOT" and get new licence plate. 60km in total. Holy crap it runs great! And sounds SO good ! Lots of crackling and pop'ing under downshifts Very Happy And growls when you accelerate, even with DB killer installed.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 6:40 pm

Leiberg wrote:Had a little testride today. I had to go get a fresh "MOT" and get new licence plate. 60km in total. Holy crap it runs great! And sounds SO good ! Lots of crackling and pop'ing under downshifts Very Happy And growls when you accelerate, even with DB killer installed.
If your can works anything like the Fuel, and the engine is jetted standard, you'll not find anything other than noise by removing the baffle - actually the engine will lose a little of its power.

Did the 'synsmand' (MOT scrutineer) take notice of your Delkevic can?
And yes - new can causes a sudden need for SS downpipes.

Change of subject: Have you had a chance to push the envelope - take the bike to near where you find discomfort in riding it? Lean, revs, anything?
The thing is, this bike excels in being trust-inspiring. Remember to monitor your own progress and be wary of overcooking it with respect to what the plods will accept as 'ok behaviour'.

As you gain experience, the option of pissing off some of the posh litre lads on their exxxpensive bikes becomes ever more tempting. Read around and find tales of forum members having done that particular thing with great success Smile Given no mechanical issues, you will run out of talent before the CB does...

Quoting @Badseeds:
"Four cylinder howl - two cylinder growl!"
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:36 pm

I dont feel like its got more power, just that it response a bit better on the throttle. Maybe its just me Smile
"Synsmanden" liked the bike, he just asked me, "is it legal?" I just said, well the box said Road Legal Razz Then he laughed at me and said "yeah right.. Road illegal" Wink He was a nice guy, and it passed without any problems.

I have ridding a lot of bikes in my life, and my first bike was a brand new year 2000 Yamaha R6, so i have a little experience, but i have to say.. This little CB is SO much fun Razz And i can 100% understand what you mean.

I didnt ride very fast/ hard.. The road was freezing cold, and so was the tires. I dont take any chances in weather like this Smile
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:45 pm

Its a good looking bike, the exhaust looks nice what is the make of it. Very Happy
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:59 pm

It's a Delkevic Oval by the looks of it.  I was leaning towards their tri oval before my Remus popped up on the bay though my previous bike had a Fuel oval can which I personally think suits the bike better than round.

Out of interest (not that it matters over here), is it BS stamped or E marked?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm