Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

ebay possible stolen bike ???????

burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

ebay possible stolen bike ???????

Post by burning_rubber on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 8:17 pm

hi all this looks a bit funny  affraid
it could be genuine 
if you have you bike nicked did it look like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-spares-repair-/161953109980?hash=item25b52857dc:g:gloAAOSwpRRWn2Q~
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: ebay possible stolen bike ???????

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:30 pm

Would they not be easly be caught through ebay, if it was stolen be easier to sell it in parts and junk the frame,now if frame and engine numbers are hammered off it stolen. If you had frame number you could get it checked by police or dvla. Ive seen bikes here (ireland) with frame and engine numbers hammered off if scum gets caught they only get done for no tax,insurance and no licence not theft as bike cant be identified as a stolen bike. I was talking to local breaker recently and he said cbs are hard to come by for parts so there be a demand for parts second hand Sad but as you say it looks dodgy
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:42 am

If it *is* dodgy then they've gone to a lot of effort to source a km/h speedo to stick on it... or it was stolen from the continent Smile
Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 8:04 am

I always worry that a bike with km/h speedo is stolen. Seem that the only obvious way to sell a whole stolen bike is to take it abroad. Bit expensive to do so, but when the bike cost you nothing but 5 mins with a couple of mates to put it in the back of your van then it's no big deal.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 10:31 am

I dont think its stolen but it looks very dodgy, loads bikes in ireland were grey jap imports with km/h clocks. Stolen bike wil make its money parted out , not complete, cb 's wouldnt be worth taking to other countrys. It be top end bikes r1,fireblade,, gsxr 1000, bmw tourers adventure bike. I get frame number off that cb ring dvla or cops, could be cheap bike if genuine!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm