Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

At Last !!

pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

At Last !!

Post by pedro on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

Finally managed to post picture of my 1996 CB5 .
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: At Last !!

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:58 pm

Look very nice pedro, ive a 97 cb in same colour,
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

Cheers mate , I think the CB5 looks good in that colour .
Oops unfortunately it looks as though I've started another string by posting the picture .
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm

not bad at all and I like the seat Smile
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 4:57 pm

Yeah, looking good. Where did you get the seat done and how much was it?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 5:07 pm

That's a beautiful looking CB5, mine could look like that if it had an extreme makeover!
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 5:18 pm

Very nice. Did you fit the plastic stanction rubber protectors? If so, where did you get them from?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 5:47 pm

Nice looking bike. Was that picture taken today? The weather looks nice where you are.

Looks about 1000 years younger than my '97 CB500! No rust, no bits falling off, tasteful modifications - all good.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:37 pm

Sweet stainlesses, those. And is that some kinda groovy rad cover farkle going on there?? Ideally I could use some sort of cover on one of my 500s. Stumped up for a standard, used plastic louvre job - but it didn't clip properly and only lasted a few rides before blowing off and disappearing forever. Wasn't that cheap either tbh.
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 7:08 pm

Thanks for your kind comments guys . I do enjoy tinkering with my bike .

I got the seat off ebay from a Polish based company called Wijalis about 18 months ago . Search ebay "cb500 seat covers" you will find them . I got mine from them as a complete seat with all the fittings for £100 . It must have been the one they used for photos and I thought it was an absolute bargain . If you look at their picture gallery you will see it. They sell seat covers but if you look thro' sellers description you will see that they will arrange to collect your seat ,cover it and ship it back to you, don't know what that would cost.
Again got the stanchion protectors off ebay , got them years ago and can't remember who from , search ebay under "stanchion protectors" . Somebody in Barnsley is selling some that look very similar for £9 +p&p . Mine just clipped on and are held on with plastic cable ties .
Took the picture late this morning but don't be fooled by the nice sunshine , when I went out at 8am it was -3c , mind it did warm up a bit .
Radiator grill came from www.mikesgrilles.com . Grill for CB5 is £35 - £40 depending on finish . Not cheap but they are nicely made . You have to wire it on . S/S pipes are Motad and the end can is from Fuel .

Last edited by pedro on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ommission)
freeride
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by freeride on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:20 pm

You have a very neat and tidy steed.
Just one question is your CB5 registered in Spain i.e. on Spanish plates?I ask because I would like to register my naked CB5 on Spanish plates in a year or so.

However, I've been told a few times that for the ITV you are not permitted to swop the exhaust for anything but the original OEM exhaust.
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:47 pm

Yes my bike is on Spanish plates although it was originally a British bike ( belonged to my daughter in law ) , I transferred it to Spanish plates about ten years ago . Put the Fuel can on it about two or three years ago . As you may know motos have to be ITV'd every two years and mine has been thro' two with the Fuel can on without any problem ( so far ) . However I have still got the OE system carefully packed away just in case .
freeride
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by freeride on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:08 pm

@pedro wrote:Yes my bike is on Spanish plates although it was originally a British bike ( belonged to my daughter in law ) , I transferred it to Spanish plates about ten years ago . Put the Fuel can on it about two or three years ago . As you may know motos have to be ITV'd every two years and mine has been thro' two with the Fuel can on without any problem ( so far ) . However I have still got the OE system carefully packed away just in case .

Most interesting as I read last Summer that you cannot put non standard cans on a Spanish bike as it was the original equipment or nothing else.

I had no issues riding round last Summer with a Fuel can with my UK plates around the reservoir near Guardamar/Torrevieja as you see from the photo.
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:59 pm

Must admit I was a bit concerned first time I went to the ITV station because as you know the can  has a biggish name plate on it and it is a wee bit fruitier sounding than the OE , but as I said no problem , never even mentioned it . Thinking about it if they are serious about OE kit only a lot of the Harley boys are going to have a problem .
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 6:01 am

Drool...

Must. Have. Stainless. Downpipes.
kingers
Squiddy
Squiddy

sunny spain

Post by kingers on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 7:41 am

A. Very smart looking bike and ready to soak up the Spanish sun.enjoy.
freeride
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by freeride on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 8:12 pm

@pedro wrote:Must admit I was a bit concerned first time I went to the ITV station because as you know the can  has a biggish name plate on it and it is a wee bit fruitier sounding than the OE , but as I said no problem , never even mentioned it . Thinking about it if they are serious about OE kit only a lot of the Harley boys are going to have a problem .

It looks like that if you are non resident you can drive round on UK plates as long as the bike is insured,MOT and taxed.The 6 months rule applies only to residents. The problem comes in that you can only get an MOT in the UK as Gib will only MOT Gib registered vehicles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:58 am