Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

FREE - Oxford hot grips

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

FREE - Oxford hot grips

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 8:27 pm

Ride magazine is giving away free Oxford hot grips if you subscribe for 12 months. You can buy 12 months digital magazines for £29 and the grips are free. Apparently they are worth £49.
arrison
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: FREE - Oxford hot grips

Post by arrison on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 10:04 am

I subscribed to Ride for the free heated grips last year, and they didnt send any. After a couple of weeks of to and fro emails, they finally sent me some, but they werent Oxford ones, they were these:

https://www.twowheeljunkie.co.uk/motopro-snug-heated-grips.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=heated%20grips%20neck%20warmers&utm_content=heated%20grips%20neck%20warmers+Version+A+CID_0fc20d373f06107057d1973b7e42baa0&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software

They do the job, but they werent what I was expecting. And Ride is a crap mag anyway, all theyre interested in is adventure bikes
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:22 am

just in case they send these ones to me as well, are they any good?
ratatooie
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ratatooie on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 9:35 am

@arrison wrote:And Ride is a crap mag anyway, all theyre interested in is adventure bikes

Which magazines do people like just out of curiosity?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 12:20 pm

It's not really a magazine anymore (it's online only) but I like The Riders Digest:

http://www.theridersdigest.co.uk/

I'm sure they do have an 'angle' but it's not as bad as the more mainstream bike mags.

skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 7:49 pm

I look at classic mechanics and practical sports bikes now and then Smile
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm

@arrison wrote:I subscribed to Ride for the free heated grips last year, and they didnt send any. After a couple of weeks of to and fro emails, they finally sent me some, but they werent Oxford ones, they were these:

https://www.twowheeljunkie.co.uk/motopro-snug-heated-grips.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=heated%20grips%20neck%20warmers&utm_content=heated%20grips%20neck%20warmers+Version+A+CID_0fc20d373f06107057d1973b7e42baa0&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software

They do the job, but they werent what I was expecting. And Ride is a crap mag anyway, all theyre interested in is adventure bikes
Those are cheaper than a ride subscription (at least for the next 12 days) too. How long do they take to heat up?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 10:25 pm

I have to agree ride magazine was great i had most issues from start in 95/1996  to about 05/06 then it was crap ,it did great  reviews on  second hand  road bikes use to do two page  things to look out for on certain model, they stil do good tests on bike gear and products thats about it. Magazine totally lost its way. Then performance bikes magazine got good for couple years then went crap. Mcn not worth effort either. Some times bike magazine can be very good but can be hit and miss. I have to say practical sports bikes is consistantly good since its start, thats only one i buy now. But i think when good magazine  staff come and go like any business it  can be good or bad thing. Been cheaper to buy heated grips.

Last edited by wornsprokets on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 8:08 am

Currently the only mag worth reading is Bike, imo - its writers do genuinely appear to dislike clichés, and seem to want to avoid them wherever possible. No "handles like its on rails," no "pulls like a train," etc. etc. And there is some half-decent attempt at wit too - some of the captions to photos and images can be pretty droll. However it does tend to assume readers have bottomless pockets - although having said that, there'll be interesting/fun stories on Swedish FS1E gangs and stuff like that. Not all RTW fantasies on 1200GSs and the like.

Of the mags that aren't focused on current stuff, I prefer Classic Bike. Decent images and of course it's always good to window shop in the classifieds.

However, mags of any kind are a total luxury and one I can rarely justify. Hell, I'll even not buy a daily paper so I'll be damned if I'm stumping up for a glossy.
arrison
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by arrison on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 6:20 pm

@ashcroc wrote:

@arrison wrote:I subscribed to Ride for the free heated grips last year, and they didnt send any. After a couple of weeks of to and fro emails, they finally sent me some, but they werent Oxford ones, they were these:

Those are cheaper than a ride subscription (at least for the next 12 days) too.  How long do they take to heat up?

They do the job. On my half hour ride to work, before Im halfway there I have to turn them down to the lower setting to stop my palms burning. Throttle grip is a bit big, but a few wraps of electrical tape on the throttle tube fixes that. Easy job to fit them, took the supply for mine from a switched live in the fuse box, so I cant accidentally leave them on and flatten the battery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:24 pm