Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

which bike

kingers
Squiddy
Squiddy

which bike

Post by kingers on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 4:03 pm

Hi guys.thanks for the reception and good wishes.still looking for the right bike.japanese upto 1994? Then Italy? how much difference will it make in my price range.just a few pointers will do.japanese built ones slightly better.let me know.a nice one in.NI but too far.
badseeds

Awesome!

Re: which bike

Post by badseeds on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 4:46 pm

Personally, I prefer the Japanese-built R model as it has a rear drum brake which offers more feel than the disc. Although rear wheel removal is hindered by the brake rod....

It's generally accepted that the early bike is built better, but they'll all rust if not looked after; they don't need much. Condition is far more important than mileage as these bikes go on & on. My 123,000 bike feels better than my 59,000 mile bike!

You can find good ones from £750.

Last edited by badseeds on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 5:57 pm

I've personally got the disc model because newer and both brembo's calipers. I personally find that working on a rear disc bike is easier to work on than a drum bike but that's my own personal experience. At the end of the day it's a cb500 it'll live on and on if looked after properly , the drum is generally worth less money than the disc version from searching ebay sold listings.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 6:48 pm

Ive  a cb 500 v,  i think i like an 94 version built in japan and same colour as badseeds new one, the italian built bikes are great bikes too build quality way a head of gs 500 and er 500, and lot faster too, jap one or italian there great bikes, go by condition and not age, i think i like couple cb 's Very Happy
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Thu 07 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm

I've got a drum and a disc 500 - they're both good. I prefer the older drum bike, to be honest - but I strongly suspect that this is mostly psychological. Let me explain this. Because it's the older bike, and because it's got a bit of ahem "patina" and is slightly bent in places, I ride it with a slightly different attitude. It gets a firmer hand because I'm not that bothered about dropping it. So ironically I end up enjoying it more, and thus also thinking of it as the better bike. But it probably isn't, and when I ride the much 'younger' disc one I do think wow this feels nice (fresher suspension, brakes that actually work, bars that're true, etc.). So yeah - erm. Point is - just buy one that's got little in the way of corrosion on it and you'll probably be fine.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 07 Jan 2016, 6:14 pm

Yes trevor machine, that makes perfect sense, i am same way with my fireblade and cb. I am starting to enjoy cb more  as its used a hell of a lot more.
kingers
Squiddy
Squiddy

which bike

Post by kingers on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:59 pm

All good information from riders that know.still looking at ebay and gumtree.news now..nothing near to me yet.ie 50 miles ish.if you guys  see anything near nw england let me know.cheers.went to  rivington barn today.not many there but enjoyed a bacon barm.little rs Honda ran well.!!
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:38 pm

Also, consider an s model of a bit of wind and rain protection is desirable and the weird looks don't put you off
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm

@liverpool_f_ wrote:Also, consider an s model of a bit of wind and rain protection is desirable and the weird looks don't put you off

If ( not like me of course constable ) you want to ride north of 70mph, the 'S' model is the only sensible choice.
Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:31 pm