You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Hi all!

Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Re: Hi all!

Post by Leiberg on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 8:25 pm

The dealer with the 2003 model send me some more pictures + he gave me a call. He tells me its owner is a guy in his early 50's who only just got his license a year ago, And he got so hooked on motorcycle that he traded in this CB500 and bought a big chopper instead. 

Anyhow.. here is some more pictures.. 

Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 8:30 pm

He also told me the radiator fairing is missing on the left side, and it have gotten a respray earlier this year.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 8:37 pm

hi Leiberg the bike doesent look too bad so what do you reckon you will do
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 8:44 pm

@skyrider wrote:hi Leiberg the bike doesent look too bad so what do you reckon you will do

I think i will pay him a visit later this week. He is pretty "hungry" for a deal, so if its in good condition and the mechanics are in order, then i think i will put a low offer on it, and see what he says. I'll use the fairing replacement, engine cases and other small scratches as points to lower the price. 

But what do you reckon i can get some new engine cases for? Used and in good condition ofc
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm

I think fleabay might be the way to go for those parts
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:02 pm

@Leiberg wrote:I think i will pay him a visit later this week.

Out of curiosity: Who's the dealer? If he's located in Østjylland I'd be happy to go have a look on your behalf.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:08 pm

there you are Leiberg take stormbringer up on his decent offer Smile
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

@stormbringer wrote:

@Leiberg wrote:I think i will pay him a visit later this week.

Out of curiosity: Who's the dealer? If he's located in Østjylland I'd be happy to go have a look on your behalf.

Thats a great offer Smile It is SkjernMC i Vestjylland so i guess its kinda far from you Sad I cannot ask you to drive that far for me.

dado_dassler
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by dado_dassler on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 7:41 pm

welcome to the forum! cheers
i would keep my distance from learner bikes, they aren't necessarily cheaper than normal bikes, and remember that you're paying much more than our forum fellas from britain.
have you seen this one? low milage even comes with a special(?) fairing and leo vince exhaust.
this one a little cheaper with engine guards but without fairing.
if you aren't in a rush then wait till spring or summer, there will be many more for sale then.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 7:47 pm

@dado_dassler wrote:
if you aren't in a rush then wait till spring or summer, there will be many more for sale then.

I don't know about where you are, but here in the UK there are more bikes for sale in spring and summer but they often come with a larger price tag.
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 7:51 pm

@dado_dassler wrote:welcome to the forum! cheers
i would keep my distance from learner bikes, they aren't necessarily cheaper than normal bikes, and remember that you're paying much more than our forum fellas from britain.
have you seen this one? low milage even comes with a special(?) fairing and leo vince exhaust.

Yeah, i have skipped the learner bike. It got so many battlescars, that i dont think you can count the times it have been down.

I think i will go see the 1998 one. 42.000km is not bad, and the price is just right. 16.000DKR
The owner is an old guy, pension age, so it has lived a easy life i guess Smile
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 7:53 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:

@dado_dassler wrote:

I don't know about where you are, but here in the UK there are more bikes for sale in spring and summer but they often come with a larger price tag.

Its pretty much the same here Smile Thats why i try to find me a bike within the next 1-2 months... But hopefully soon. I need something to fiddle with during the winter Smile
Leiberg
Rossi
Rossi

Post by Leiberg on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 8:20 pm

@dado_dassler wrote:welcome to the forum! cheers

The first one you link to, thats not a 1994 as they say it is.. It has the Brembo brake caliber + disc brake at the back.. Hmmm but that fairing is just not my taste   No
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Fri 18 Dec 2015, 6:53 am

@Leiberg wrote:I think i will go see the 1998 one. 42.000km is not bad, and the price is just right. 16.000DKR
The owner is an old guy, pension age, so it has lived a easy life i guess Smile

Sounds like a winner. Don't worry about the mileage. I bought mine at 35kkm and it's now at 74kkm. No aging whatsoever - this review tells us that the 'umble CB is made from a substance called 'Neverfailium'... And the price is a regular bargain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 11:55 pm