Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Anti-Theft Tracking Device

ratatooie
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Anti-Theft Tracking Device

Post by ratatooie on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:57 pm

On my recent ebay travels I came across item number 311342188569, which looks to be a fairly small and inexpensive tracking device that does not require a subscription (which seems to the the usual way these devices get revenue). All it needs is an activated sim card. The only downside is that there is no indication of how long it works for on a charge beyond "Very Low power consumption", which could mean anything. 

It might be worth a punt and of use to someone!
ceejay
the 800
the 800

Re: Anti-Theft Tracking Device

Post by ceejay on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:29 pm

Had one of these fitted for about a year and a half. Charge lasts about 3 days but I got it wired up so it charges when i'm riding. I like it. I can text my bike and it texts back coordinates which I paste into google maps on my phone to see the location. It gives me peace of mind (if little else!) that at least if my bike disappeared I'd still have a small hope rather than feeling completely helpless!

A good tip though... If i remember right there are several identical looking versions of this, some are better than others. Pretty sure I bought a cheap one at first thinking they are all the same - battery lasted abut 4 hours and couldn't get a signal anywhere. So I spent more (maybe 60 quid?) on one from a different factory that was supposedly higher quality. Turns out it was - Battery life nearer 3+ days and signal strength much better. Binned the first one, it was useless. Worth bearing in mind but is difficult because they look absolutely identical.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 6:30 pm

They seem to be supplied with a USB lead for recharging, so one of these 12v to 5v usb connectors for about £4

to connect it will keep it charged from the bike's battery. It could be switched or not if you wanted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 29 Jun 2017, 5:12 pm