Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

ACF50 - Winter Protection

jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Re: ACF50 - Winter Protection

Post by jchesshyre on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

I've shied away from heated grips even though I ride all through winter and until recently was doing monthly 450-mile round trips to London. However last year I got some Oxford heated gloves. There's a wire which stays under the seat and connects to a wire that runs inside your jacket. They have three heat settings and are outstandingly good. The only modification to the bike is the addition of two ring connectors on the battery terminals and a little bit of wire under the seat.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 11:41 am

@jchesshyre wrote:I've shied away from heated grips even though I ride all through winter and until recently was doing monthly 450-mile round trips to London. However last year I got some Oxford heated gloves. There's a wire which stays under the seat and connects to a wire that runs inside your jacket. They have three heat settings and are outstandingly good. The only modification to the bike is the addition of two ring connectors on the battery terminals and a little bit of wire under the seat.

I've seen those, what brand are yours? would probably be able to hook them into the Optimate connector on the bike which would be pretty neat.

I'm covering 1k a month on the commute :-/
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 11:54 am

They are these. I think I paid about £90 for mine from my local stealer.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:

@ashcroc wrote:

@jerryfudd wrote:

@trevor machine wrote:I don't - won't - have heated grips (stupidly, stubbornly)

+1

You could always go for heated muffs instead.

they look even worse.... I've gone a winter with some thick Weise gloves I'm sure ill survive another Smile

My biggest problem with heated grips is the additional (unessential) wiring looking ugly and also doesn't it make the OD of the grips slightly bigger? That and not being the OE grip pattern would really f*** with my OCD lol Smile

Dan

Haha - Weise. Got a pair off the mrs last crimbo. The Legend ones. Bloody rubbish they are. Reviews were ace and I was all psyched for some decent snug hands - fact of the matter was some £14 ones I had years before were WAY warmer. Shit protection, but warm - and also, just as importantly, great feel. The Weise ones were a real let down. Don't get me wrong - I still use 'em. But damn - pretty unimpressed by 'em tbh. Feels like I'm wearing boxing gloves, and I'm still cold! : - /

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 6:52 pm

A nice warm muff is hard to beat!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 7:31 pm

@sullivj wrote:

A nice warm muff is hard to beat!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 7:41 pm

Word of caution ,My mate crashed his blackbird on wet road and his hand got caught up in muff and aka broken wrist later he swears it caused it and it was metal plate job,  i would rather head grips all the way.( he wasnt going quick)
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 8:28 pm

getting a lot of duplicate postings here Twisted Evil
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

@trevormachine: that's surprising, the ones I've got are Weise Oslo. I had them a couple of weeks at £70 the pair and lost one of the bloody things so I phoned around and no one could supply me just one. So with the same budget I tried all sorts of brands like Held etc and after 4 disappointing pairs I went back and bought another pair of Oslo's and I've been happy with them.

I've got a pair of their summer gloves which are falling apart but then they've had a lot of use especially pulling on by the cuff which eventually ripped a seem but at £35 I'm happy and will be buying another pair soon.

Dan
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 8:50 pm

@skyrider wrote:getting a lot of duplicate postings here Twisted Evil

removed all the duplicates
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 8:57 pm

It said there a while ago when i tried to post last post i did, site was under construction or somthing was in few languages?, then i posted same post twice?
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 8:59 pm

lol twice? I removed at least 6 Smile
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 9:00 pm

cheers affraid
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 9:08 pm

I know the feeling Very Happy

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 9:14 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:It said there a while ago when i tried to post last post i did, site was under construction or somthing was in few languages?, then i posted same post twice?

I got the same 'under construction' page a few times, but when I checked my posting, it was there.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 9:22 pm

all exiting stuff Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:04 pm