Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

I'm baffled...

Jameshambleton

I'm baffled...

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:08 pm

I've been running my (47bhp restricted) bike for last couple of weeks without the baffle, my classmates hate me anyway back to the point, I reinserted the baffle back in the other day and my bike seems to be lacking in power so much so that I've hit the throttle lock a few times today. Has anyone else found this or is it just me?
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: I'm baffled...

Post by Beresford on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 12:59 am

Not the same but similar. I'd been running with a Yamaha Fazer 600 exhaust and wrecked it so had to revert to the standard item which has a considerably smaller exit orifice.

The performance has suffered - a lot.
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 7:20 am

Is it possible that someone re-jetted your carb to match the exhaust without the baffle? Replacing it therefore changes things and make it run underpowered.

I'd leave it out!
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 9:01 am

@sullivj wrote:Is it possible that someone re-jetted your carb to match the exhaust without the baffle? Replacing it therefore changes things and make it run underpowered.

I'd leave it out!

That is a possibility as the guy who had my bike previous to me did a lot of things to it, in a good way though! While my mind is wondering I wonder if Tricky. is still using my bikes old exhaust system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 6:27 am